Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (18) « First ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew Topic

Tamagotchi iD compatible cell phones, Cell Phones That Work, Files To Transfer
evie_00
Posted: May 31 2011, 05:54 PM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,502

QUOTE (Takura @ May 31 2011, 02:56 AM)
I didn't mean to flame or prove anyone wrong, if that's what it came out like then I'm honestly sorry. Just saying my stupid cell wasn't working- which it is now, after 20 soft resets + a fully charged battery.

So yeah... I'd like to confirm that a Nokia 6280 works. :3

Okay. I'll add that to the list. Thanks for contributing. tsub-smile.gif

No, it didn't come out like a flame or anything like that. I was just trying to clarify. smiley-P.gif Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Evie
PME-mail
binary
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 10:39 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,317

Here's a detailed step-by-step for Palm Treo (based on my Treo 600 with Palm OS v.5.2.1)

Method 1 (using software that comes on the Treo 600)
(1) copy the download file from your PC into the phone's internal memory.
(2) on the phone, launch the Camera application, and tap the Pictures icon (at the bottom of the screen, second icon from the left.)
(3) cursor to the download file.
(4) press the Menu button.
(5) in the Picture menu, and select Beam.
(6) on the Tamagotchi-iD activate the connect icon (heart icon in the upper right corner of the display.)
(7) in the connect menu, select Download (it's the fourth menu entry on the first page.)
(8) align the phone & Tamagotchi-iD's infrared ports.

Method 2 (using an add-on file manager application and an SD Card)
(1) download FileZ version 6.8.3 (download link: http://www.nosleep.net/index.php?option=co...=858&Itemid=553 )
(2) install it onto the Treo 600 using HotSync, or copy the Filez.prc file to the \PALM\Launcher folder on the SD Card.
(3) copy the Tamagotchi-iD download files onto the SD Card. You can organize the different item types (foods, accessories, minigames, etc.) into different folders if you wish.
(4) insert the SD Card into the Treo 600.
(5) launch the FileZ application, and select "View and Edit Files".
(6) within FileZ, navigate to the Tamagotchi-iD download file, and tap on it. A red checkmark will appear next to it. Hint: when opening folders in FileZ, tap on the triangle, not the folder name.
(7) tap Send, then in the "Send With" menu select Beam and tap OK.
(8) on the Tamagotchi-iD activate the connect icon (heart icon in the upper right corner of the display.)
(9) in the connect menu, select Download (it's the fourth menu entry on the first page.)
(10) align the phone & Tamagotchi-iD's infrared ports.
PM
mielicious
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 05:16 PM

Child
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,089

Sorry if I'm not allowed to post here but I'm so gleeful. What luck! My last phone was a Nokia N73 and I still have it!
PME-mail
indonesiatamafan
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 02:18 PM

Teen
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,207

hello i use nokia e70 and it works tsub-smile.gif
PME-mail
binary
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 10:08 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (indonesiatamafan @ Aug 20 2011, 12:18 AM)

Thank you. I've added it to the list.
PM
indonesiatamafan
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 02:55 PM

Teen
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,207

QUOTE (binary @ Aug 20 2011, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (indonesiatamafan @ Aug 20 2011, 12:18 AM)

ur welcome tsub-smile.gif
PME-mail
pimpompoy
Posted: Oct 17 2011, 04:55 PM

Child
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,355

i used nokia 9500 ( communicator ) D.gif D.gif

user posted image
PME-mail
binary
Posted: Oct 17 2011, 08:49 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

PM
Honeichigo
  Posted: Oct 20 2011, 07:13 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,161

So in order for the cell phones to transfer they need Infra Red?

I have a myTouch 4G but I have no hope with it...
Its HTC.

I also have a couple of Nokia phones but I have no chargers..
One is Nokia 1661, but its completely dead.
And the other is 6010.

I really hoped i could buy one of the phones that interact with the iD L on ebay, but they require different phone service providers..
PME-mailWWW
evie_00
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 08:58 AM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

QUOTE (Honeichigo @ Oct 19 2011, 05:13 PM)

I really hoped i could buy one of the phones that interact with the iD L on ebay, but they require different phone service providers..

Yes, they need infrared.

You don't need to have phone service for a cell to use it; if it doesn't have service, it just won't be able to make any calls. (Unless you need to make an emergency call. I believe you can still dial 911 on an unactivated phone so long as you can pick up a signal--any signal, provider regardless--where you are.) Many phones that use SIM cards do require that a card be inserted before it will do anything besides powering on and off. (Doesn't matter if there's information on it or if it's brand new, as long as it's compatible with the phone. It will feign incompetence until you put one in. smiley-P.gif) That aside, though, you can use the address book. You can use the calculator. You can take pictures, use Bluetooth, IR, Wi-Fi. Everything but calling and texting, pretty much. XD

If you buy an unactivated/deactivated phone (new phone without an accompanying phone plan at the same time, you will probably not get the SIM card with it. That's expensive, though, so you'll probably get one used... in which case the seller may or may not offer a SIM card with the phone. Either the old one wiped clean or a brand new one, 'cause they sniped the old one to put in their new phone. wink.gif In any case, you'll know if it doesn't have one or needs one as soon as you turn it on. It'll tell you.

I thought it was going to be a huge hassle when I got an IR phone and found it had no SIM card. Like I'd have to pay for it, or I couldn't get one without a phone plan. But surprisingly, when I walked into the AT&T store and started explaining it to the guy, he just took one look at the phone and offered me a SIM card. I don't know if that's standard protocol or not; all I know is I got one free. XD

But before you go looking for another phone... do either of those Nokias have IR capabilities? You should be able to see a little black rectangle of shiny plastic on one of the sides if they do. If you're not sure, do a Google search of the model. Like "Nokia 1661 IR" or "Nokia 6010 capabilities." If they do, you can search one eBay for "Nokia {insert model number here} charger." Even if it's a rather old phone, you'd be surprised what you can still find. Same thing if the battery's completely dead and doesn't charge anymore. Search it. You know people will put just about anything on eBay, so... why not?

Good luck finding what you need! tsub-smile.gif

Evie
PME-mail
Honeichigo
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 09:07 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

QUOTE (evie_00 @ Oct 19 2011, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Honeichigo @ Oct 19 2011, 05:13 PM)

Yes, they need infrared.

You don't need to have phone service for a cell to use it; if it doesn't have service, it just won't be able to make any calls. (Unless you need to make an emergency call. I believe you can still dial 911 on an unactivated phone so long as you can pick up a signal--any signal, provider regardless--where you are.) Many phones that use SIM cards do require that a card be inserted before it will do anything besides powering on and off. (Doesn't matter if there's information on it or if it's brand new, as long as it's compatible with the phone. It will feign incompetence until you put one in. smiley-P.gif) That aside, though, you can use the address book. You can use the calculator. You can take pictures, use Bluetooth, IR, Wi-Fi. Everything but calling and texting, pretty much. XD

If you buy an unactivated/deactivated phone (new phone without an accompanying phone plan at the same time, you will probably not get the SIM card with it. That's expensive, though, so you'll probably get one used... in which case the seller may or may not offer a SIM card with the phone. Either the old one wiped clean or a brand new one, 'cause they sniped the old one to put in their new phone. wink.gif In any case, you'll know if it doesn't have one or needs one as soon as you turn it on. It'll tell you.

I thought it was going to be a huge hassle when I got an IR phone and found it had no SIM card. Like I'd have to pay for it, or I couldn't get one without a phone plan. But surprisingly, when I walked into the AT&T store and started explaining it to the guy, he just took one look at the phone and offered me a SIM card. I don't know if that's standard protocol or not; all I know is I got one free. XD

But before you go looking for another phone... do either of those Nokias have IR capabilities? You should be able to see a little black rectangle of shiny plastic on one of the sides if they do. If you're not sure, do a Google search of the model. Like "Nokia 1661 IR" or "Nokia 6010 capabilities." If they do, you can search one eBay for "Nokia {insert model number here} charger." Even if it's a rather old phone, you'd be surprised what you can still find. Same thing if the battery's completely dead and doesn't charge anymore. Search it. You know people will put just about anything on eBay, so... why not?

Good luck finding what you need! tsub-smile.gif

Evie

Oh I see.

Ok. So I do have a sim card in handy.

Its just not in service because I have another sim card now.

If I buy a used Nokia phone [the ones that are compatible for the TMGC iD L's]
do you think the sim card will work?
And I checked and none of the Nokia phones I have have an IR port.

So I'm guessing Ill end up buying one that has IR on ebay, if I can add in the Sim card without any problem.

-Nessie

This post has been edited by Honeichigo on Oct 20 2011, 09:20 AM
PME-mailWWW
evie_00
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 10:19 AM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

QUOTE (Honeichigo @ Oct 19 2011, 07:07 PM)
Oh I see.

Ok. So I do have a sim card in handy.

Its just not in service because I have another sim card now.

If I buy a used Nokia phone [the ones that are compatible for the TMGC iD L's]
do you think the sim card will work?
And I checked and none of the Nokia phones I have have an IR port.

So I'm guessing Ill end up buying one that has IR on ebay, if I can add in the Sim card without any problem.

-Nessie

As long as it's the right size card, it should work. I read something about some phones being locked to certain SIM cards, but I think that only limits the phone, not the card.

It sounds like there are only three main sizes of SIM card available. The first one is about the size of a credit card... so I think we can rule that one out right now. You've likely got either a Mini or Micro-SIM. Mini is small (25x15mm) and is rectangular, and Micro is even smaller (15x12mm), and also rectangular, but is close to being square. Micro's newer and is generally used in smaller phones. I think the Mini is still more common in general, and that the majority of the phones you'll be looking at probably use it.

I guess you can search for some of the models listed that work, and if you find one you're considering, you can Google it and see whether it takes a Mini or Micro-SIM. If you find yourself with a Mini-SIM and phone that takes a Micro, there are tutorials and videos out there that will show you how to trim your Mini down to Micro proportions, if you're feeling brave. wink.gif

If you're not certain which card you have, take a look at this picture; from top to bottom, the types are Standard, Mini, and Micro.

Hope this helps, and I hope you have lots of fun with your iD L when it arrives! memetchi.gif

Evie
PME-mail
Honeichigo
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 05:05 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

QUOTE (evie_00 @ Oct 19 2011, 04:19 PM)
As long as it's the right size card, it should work. I read something about some phones being locked to certain SIM cards, but I think that only limits the phone, not the card.

It sounds like there are only three main sizes of SIM card available. The first one is about the size of a credit card... so I think we can rule that one out right now. You've likely got either a Mini or Micro-SIM. Mini is small (25x15mm) and is rectangular, and Micro is even smaller (15x12mm), and also rectangular, but is close to being square. Micro's newer and is generally used in smaller phones. I think the Mini is still more common in general, and that the majority of the phones you'll be looking at probably use it.

I guess you can search for some of the models listed that work, and if you find one you're considering, you can Google it and see whether it takes a Mini or Micro-SIM. If you find yourself with a Mini-SIM and phone that takes a Micro, there are tutorials and videos out there that will show you how to trim your Mini down to Micro proportions, if you're feeling brave. wink.gif

If you're not certain which card you have, take a look at this picture; from top to bottom, the types are Standard, Mini, and Micro.

Hope this helps, and I hope you have lots of fun with your iD L when it arrives! memetchi.gif

Evie

Allright!

Lets hope I end up with an IR phone and sim card that works with no problems. XP

Thanks so much for your help Evie.

I really appreciate the info! =3
PME-mailWWW
sebbie
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 02:17 PM

Babytchi
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,523

what of those cell phones on the list will work without a sim card. My cellphone does not have an infrared port so I was thinking of buying a cheap used one on ebay. But I want to make sure if some are able to transfer stuff to the tamagotchi without a sim card.

Also, sorry if someone already asked a question similar like this one.

Thanks!
~Sebbie
PME-mail
Maxietchi
Posted: Feb 11 2012, 04:33 AM

Teen
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,611

Hola~!

A "Nokia6600" work extremely well too! Hope I can contribute a little?

I have to give a credit to binary-sama though...he helps me right from the start! memetchi.gif
PME-mail
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Pages: (18) « First ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... Last » ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1507 seconds | Archive