Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
  ReplyNew Topic

Ocean Myths: Feeding Snacks
Kaya
Posted: Oct 27 2015, 11:47 PM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,783

There's a popular Tamagotchi Ocean myth which is that if you feed it snacks, it will die. However, I personally don't believe this is strictly true. A lot of people tend to tell themselves not to feed their Ocean snacks and take advantage to the myth and they never, EVER select that "OKASHI" option in the food menu.

But here's my advice:

You don't want to feed it A LOT of snacks, obviously, but they are a quick way to fill your Ocean's hearts. Quite a few people I know tend to resort to snacks when their Ocean becomes unhappy, but there are alternatives, too. I don't feed my Ocean snacks anymore if I can help it, but after the adolescent stage, I tend to get away with it on the odd occasion.

So, here are my tips:
  • If you feed your ocean only 1 or 2 snacks over a long period of time, probably make it about five days to a week, then that is absolutely fine.
  • If you want to fill the hearts on your Ocean really quickly and don't have much time to tend to it, then feed it up to four snacks and work off the weight later.
  • If you're nervous about feeding your Ocean snacks, then play the game with it instead.
  • If your Ocean calls for empty happiness hearts, don't worry. You don't need to fill them up immediately as they don't empty as quickly as the hunger hearts.
  • ALWAYS FEED IT MEALS! If you don't feed it meals it will eventually die of hunger - you don't want that. Meals won't affect your Ocean's life expectancy (or rather they will - but in a good way) and are required to make sure it stays in good health.
  • Don't feed too many snacks! It's true that only 1 snack won't do any harm but a ton of snacks is bad. If you feed it, say, 50 snacks in 1 day that could greatly reduce its life expectancy.
    NOTE: This only applies when out of the baby stage; since Planktontchi won't gain weight regardless of what you do, feeding it snacks in this stage won't affect life expectancy. When it evolves into Kuragetchi however, you need to be more careful, as this is when feeding too many snacks might be dangerous.
So you don't need to be against feeding snacks on your Ocean. Only a ton of snacks will make it vulnerable; only one or two every now and then won't hurt.

This post has been edited by Kaya on Nov 9 2015, 12:59 AM
PME-mail
-Ra-
Posted: Oct 29 2015, 03:10 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 503

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and advice on this subject, Kaya. Kuragetchi.gif

I too have observed that it is mostly the excess that does it, not necessarily the snack itself.

Ra,
PMWWW
Tama-Chief
Posted: Oct 30 2015, 10:18 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,576

A good theory, considering ive never made it past the jelly fish Kuragetchi.gif
PME-mail
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0225 seconds · Archive