Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew Topic

Furby Talk!
Tamakisser
Posted: Oct 2 2012, 04:30 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,616

I have had really only two personalities from my fluff ball, though I do really enjoy the I guess valley girl mode when she says OMG and cha'yeah all the time.
The other I had was maybe the crazy mode? Furby burped and farted a lot and was a bit rude as well. XD
Needless to say my mother and grandmother found the thing a hoot and just could not believe I could feed it food from off my phone. lol2.gif

I thought I would finally show you all my Furby!!
user posted image
Just chillin' with my Tamagotchi!
PME-mail
Cewibi
Posted: Oct 2 2012, 11:05 PM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,534

@Tamakisser: Too cute! I love the Furby-Tama combo pic!
PME-mail
junkroxy
Posted: Oct 3 2012, 03:28 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,085

My fav electronic pets together jump.gif

This post has been edited by junkroxy on Oct 3 2012, 03:29 AM
PME-mailWWW
-HelloKitty-
  Posted: Oct 3 2012, 07:27 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,594

wow to read you give me more desire to have one, but really do not think it would sound so good that OMG in Spanish.
Personality change what should really entertaining ..

Tamakisser his small is beautiful D.gif
PME-mail
junkroxy
Posted: Oct 7 2012, 01:53 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

lol, mine is still the tough guy. Do you know if after a while they choose one definitive personality?

user posted image

i recieved another furby! the purple one, for 90$ including customs (aargh!).
very beautiful furball! haha.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by junkroxy on Oct 7 2012, 01:54 AM
PME-mailWWW
beagee
Posted: Oct 7 2012, 02:02 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,735

Mine stayed evil for a really long time tsub-smile.gif I think as you play with them they'll keep personalities longer, but not indefinitely.
PME-mailWWW
junkroxy
Posted: Oct 7 2012, 11:23 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

QUOTE (beagee @ Oct 7 2012, 02:02 AM)
Mine stayed evil for a really long time tsub-smile.gif I think as you play with them they'll keep personalities longer, but not indefinitely.

I'll see! Thank you very much haha.gif
PME-mailWWW
robodog
Posted: Oct 12 2012, 03:35 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,924

I got mine a couple weeks ago. They're a great update on the original Furby. I never had Furby generation 2 but I'd heard they weren't as good as the originals. Gen 3 doesn't have that problem though. They took everything that was great about the originals and improved on it.
I was also pleasantly surprised about the size. I was expecting them to be HUGE! About the size of the Gen 2 Furbys. It kind of tripped me up when I was looking for one at Wal Mart. I was looking for a big box sitting on a shelf but it turns out they were hanging on pegs like Tamagotchis or action figures. I must have passed them several times before the toy department guy pointed them out. They're not much bigger than the originals. I love that!
Mine is solid black just like my very first Furby was. He's pretty much my favorite thing right now. I plan to get another as soon as I can.
PME-mail
-HelloKitty-
  Posted: Dec 19 2012, 06:38 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,594

Everybody loves your furby (I'm still waiting for my country llegen, anxious to get one Spanish-speaking) ebay noticing've seen already even have accessories! this is so funny

For now I have found helmet bag with music, a kind of bed or couch and glasses!

If anyone has furby appreciate your accessories to put some pictures, it would be very nice to see ..

anxious to have the long wait for a few furry home! heartsmiley.gif

user posted image

PME-mail
junkroxy
Posted: Mar 2 2013, 11:48 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

I have the glasses too! lol2.gif
PME-mailWWW
year7afrokid
Posted: Mar 3 2013, 12:03 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,061

I'm waiting for the glasses to come to Au as fubry is COMPLETELY sold out in stores except for toy world (which there they cost 100 ) so I'm waiting for a shipment to come in and see if they have glasses , bags etc god dam it hasbro you know your gonna make money on producing more so hurry up!
PME-mail
Makikochan
Posted: Mar 31 2013, 01:12 PM

Teen
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,664

I am a huge Furby fan! I have three of the 1998 versions and two of them are in working order. The third won't work for some reason, despite never being removed from its package before I got it.

One of the three is the first one I've ever had, which I got for Christmas of '98. Its brown with blue eyes, a beige stomach and beige in the inside of its ears, plus it has a white tail and hair tuft on top of its head. Its feet are the same color brown as its body. It has one of those "Original Furby" tags on the side in a purple color.

Now I am wanting one of the newest versions. I have already downloaded the app to my Droid phone and played around with it. I've found that it does indeed emit a high pitched frequency. This is for interaction with the Furby but since I had none yet, I just tried by best to ignore it. Its not too bad in my case, but it is kind of annoying after a while.

Anyways, I decided to search the webs to see if I could find a reasonably priced "2012-13" Furby. After searching high and low on Google and other search sites, I've discovered that Books-A-Million sells the Yeti White Furby for around 50-ish US dollars. I couldn't resist buying one as they are all sold out everywhere else and the ones on Ebay are going for twice that. It also didn't hurt that I had a coupon for $10 off any purchase over $50!

If only my membership card to that place hadn't expired, then I could have gotten even more off!
PME-mail
cheersong
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 05:42 PM

Child
Group Icon

Member No.: 26,676

Oh my goodness...

Furby - the presence that haunts my nightmares.

I bought one the day they were available in my state. I mean, how could I not? I was so excited for the next wave in virtual pets, I'd been counting down for weeks!

There was a launch event with local news reporters and everything at one of the larger malls in the area. Fourth-grade me is on record saying that it looked kind of scary...this got me to the front of the line to pick any color I wanted wink.gif I picked black and white with blue eyes...and honestly I should have stopped there. Perhaps I shouldn't have brought it home.

For months Toh-Dye and I were inseparable. Then one day, after attending a quilt show with my mother...he slipped out of my hands and crashed into the pavement. The shock left him comatose: eyes and mouth half-open, completely unresponsive, only emitting a constant high-pitched "skreeeeeeee" that not even the car radio could drown out.

At the time I had an irrational fear of robots. The burning plastic smell and mechanical clicks and whirrs of Furby's motors combined with the soulless eyes never truly stopped bothering me, but this? This was too much.

Even though a battery change restored him to his creepo-Furby self, I no longer trusted Toh-Dye. He was banished to the closet in a shoebox...a blue Reebok shoebox that mysteriously vanished when the house was remodeled three years later.

(My family jokes that he's still out there...haunting the house like a little robo-ninja...)

Despite the Toh-Dye betrayal I somehow thought getting a sky blue Baby would be a good idea. We got along all right, all things considered...but he too ended up banished to the top shelf of my closet, facing the wall so he would never wake up...

Imagine my surprise when I come home from camp before my senior year of high school to see Furby Jr. staring at me from newly-installed shelves in my bedroom! My mom opened his eyes and everything, so it was somewhat unsettling.

...Nearly 8 years later and I don't believe I haven't had the guts to move him since.

Furby 2 was ... eh, whatever. I thought the emotive facial features were an interesting gimmick, but I think they sacrificed too many other basic Furby functions to really make it worthwhile.

I think the current incarnation is truer in spirit to the original, but oh my goodness are they chatterboxes! Those LED eyes are also kind of eery in the dark.

In Japan, where they're released through Takara/Tomy's super-happy partnership with Hasbro, they decided to get teen idol group Momo-iro Clover Z to do a music video in Furby costumes. They printed them on the promo pamphlet and had them at press conferences and everything...it's pretty funny. Here's a link to their video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9kUiGhsWWk (It's actually got Furbish littered throughout.)

If they're releasing accessories and whatnot, I have to assume Furby sales are going pretty well, then?

This post has been edited by cheersong on Apr 3 2013, 05:43 PM
PM
junkroxy
Posted: May 1 2013, 11:53 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

NEWS! You can reset the new furby like the old ones and get the first 'classic furby' personality haha.gif

1. Hold furby upside down
2. Feed him and pull the tail for 7-10 seconds until furby restart.

This post has been edited by junkroxy on May 1 2013, 11:55 PM
PME-mailWWW
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3876 seconds | Archive