Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (26) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Your Custom/Modded Tamagotchis
Blue Haired Beauty
  Posted: May 28 2007, 01:08 PM

Wiseman
Group Icon

Group: Tamagotchi Wiseman
Member No.: 1,192

I would like to add a new little section to my website.
Any custom/Modded Tamagotchis.
I have wanted to do this for a while but have been kind of busy and somewhat lazy about getting it going.

So if any of you out there would like to contribute to Tamenagerie.com's Modded Tamagotchi section, please post a nice picture in this topic.

I'll start with one I have. I have started my own mods but have not completed them.

user posted image

Glow in the dark screen and decals on ChocoSilver Entama.

user posted image
Another amazing mod I received as a gift ☺ This used to be the Pink Frill Entama. Talk about a major improvement.

user posted image
This picture of a modded Akai was taken off YahooJP auctions months ago.
You get the idea. If you've played around and done fun stuff to your tamas, I'd love to see it.

PME-mailWWW
gyara
Posted: May 28 2007, 06:43 PM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 7,510

Yay! Is this for all kinds of customization/modification, or mostly just stuff done with the shell? I've made new keychain-things with beads and/or cord for nearly all of mine. ^^;

The glow in the dark screen backing is great. Where do you get the stuff to do that? I don't think I've seen sheets of glow in the dark stuff anywhere.

I'm not a big fan of the covering-stuff-in-plastic-rhinestones trend, but that Pokéball Akai looks pretty darn impressive.

This is my one heavily-customized V4 so far:
user posted image
It's made to stand up, even though it's not standing there. I wish I'd changed the buttons, but I didn't have a good color to switch them with, and now the shell is stuck shut with paint/glue so there's no opening it all the way back up.
It's actually very purple, not blue, but I can't get it to show up right in photos.
PM
cyann
Posted: May 29 2007, 02:31 AM

Tama Zone Immortals
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3,844

My mods seem pretty tame by comparison, but here's my V3 (originally the blue circles design).
I removed the paint, changed the buttons, and added stickers and beads.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMWWW
Tamalova123
Posted: May 29 2007, 03:07 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,335

Here is my customization/modification of my Tamagotchi V4 Pink Hearts!

user posted image

My camera isn't working so I had to scan, I put a cloth in the back.

Your custom Pokéball Akai looks wonderful! I like shiny ^_^

Each of your tamagotchis looks great, I love unique! It stands out much more than plain. jump.gif

~TL123~

PS: Sorry the picture was blurry.

This post has been edited by Tamalova123 on May 29 2007, 03:10 AM
PM
Blue Haired Beauty
  Posted: May 30 2007, 04:01 AM

Wiseman
Group Icon

Group: Tamagotchi Wiseman
Member No.: 1,192

Thank you gyara, Tamalova123 and again Cyann for posting those pix for me. I found your email the other day and thought D'oh! I need to get this going again! O.gif

Mighty impressive mod there gyara. Talk about imagination and it just works so well!
Then the simple elegance of Cyann's.

I can't tell what was done to Tamalova123's.
Added accessories? Please forgive me. I am not familiar with what that one looked like out of the pacakge.

Thanks for the pix people. It is much appreciated and I gladly await for more pix. hitodetchi1.gif

The glow in the dark background, I am not sure where exactly that stuff came from. Obviously it's just a paper or plastic type glow in the dark thing but I don't understand myself what exactly it is. Then to have patterns on the screen as well.
I have not taken it apart to get a good look.
Those were modded and gifted to me so it's kind of a mystery to me too.
PME-mailWWW
gyara
Posted: May 30 2007, 04:28 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Thank you. ^^; I intend to try customizing more in the future, but for now, I don't want to do anything to the Tamas I already have (and am not quite ready to fight with the model spraypaints again). I should look for some cheap secondhand ones on eBay though, I think.

Ohh, you aren't the one who obtained the glow in the dark stuff in the first place. Hm. I'll have to look for something like that...I'd really love to do the same for a background in one of mine (as long as nobody would be offended by my copying that idea ^^; ).
I need to find something more reflective, at least, if I ever replace another screen backing. That one is so dark.

I saw a really neat Tamagotchi mod on DeviantArt a while back, actually. You know those collars and bracelets with big metal spikes on them? Hot Topic type stuff. Someone had taken the spikes off one, and glued them on a Tamagotchi. Possibly a bit impractical (and dangerous, heh), but it looked darn cool.

Still wondering, does making my own keychains count if I haven't done anything to the rest of the Tamagotchi?
PM
. Hidatchi .
  Posted: May 30 2007, 06:42 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Group: Researcher
Member No.: 8,667

I made this:

user posted image

It's not a real tamagotchi, I just massively edited a glow in the dark v4 with Macromedia
Fireworks.

This post has been edited by . Hidatchi . on May 30 2007, 06:43 AM
PME-mailWWW
cyann
Posted: May 30 2007, 07:01 AM

Tama Zone Immortals
Group Icon

Gyara, I've been thinking about taking my black G2 apart (again) and trying to do a pirate-themed Tama. I think I've got some white buttons from a Tama angel, and it'd be pretty easy to add a skull and crossbones someplace. Maybe the skull above and bones intersecting with the buttons somehow. Then maybe the inner "crack" could be red. Or white. Dunno.
PMWWW
tamagotchiangle
Posted: May 30 2007, 08:14 AM

Unregistered

Wow!
. Hidatchi ., They should make that a real tamagotchi!
If you could, you should send it to Bandai.
tsub-smile.gif
gyara
Posted: May 30 2007, 05:48 PM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

QUOTE (cyann @ May 29 2007, 05:01 PM)
Gyara, I've been thinking about taking my black G2 apart (again) and trying to do a pirate-themed Tama. I think I've got some white buttons from a Tama angel, and it'd be pretty easy to add a skull and crossbones someplace. Maybe the skull above and bones intersecting with the buttons somehow. Then maybe the inner "crack" could be red. Or white. Dunno.

Ooh! Good idea. You should, that'd look cool.
PM
spudilike
Posted: May 30 2007, 08:53 PM

Tama Zone Immortals
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,708

Sorry BHB for veering slightly off topic, but I've just discovered the perfect way to get paint off a tamagotchi to a perfectly smooth clean finish in minutes!

I was just changing my electric toothbrush's head as it needed a new one, when I had a flash of inspiration idea.gif

I put back the old head, gave it a dab of tooth polish, and took to one of my tama's with it. Within about 3 minutes of using the electric toothbrush, the tama was completely clear of any paint and still had a lovely smooth shell haha.gif

Now I have to decide how I'm going to modify it! (and keep the old toothbrush head in a safe place for future use as a tamagotchi paint stripper!)
PMWWW
cyann
Posted: May 31 2007, 12:10 AM

Tama Zone Immortals
Group Icon

Excellent find, Spudi! Was it a sonic toothbrush?

And grr, I can't find my white buttons. I *know* I saved them along with some other spare Tama parts, but it's been a number of years so I wonder if somebody thought they were trash and got rid of them. angry.gif
PMWWW
cami123200
Posted: May 31 2007, 05:46 AM

Unregistered

Hi,

I was wondering, where do you get other tamagotchi buttons???
cyann
Posted: May 31 2007, 06:37 AM

Tama Zone Immortals
Group Icon

From other Tamagotchis. tsub-smile.gif
PMWWW
cami123200
Posted: May 31 2007, 07:04 AM

Unregistered

oh, okay. I'm currently trying to do the screen on my tama. The stupid screws in the chip won't come out!!! any tricks?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (26) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1561 seconds | Archive