Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (17) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew Topic

Tamagotchi Connection "V5.5" / V5 Celebrity, *Update: available now, in USA and Ozz *
Stripy_Mouse
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 01:24 AM

Teen
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,964

stama and WarOmnimon you guys are probably right angry.gif wishful thinking on my part *sigh*
PM
tama lover
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 11:14 PM

Child
Group Icon

Member No.: 18,003

QUOTE (Tama-Palace @ Feb 16 2008, 12:22 PM)
When Bandai announced the Tamagotchi V5 we were told that there would be a "refresh" debuting in July. Many people speculated whether it would be just new shell designs, or an actual .5 release. It is now official that there will be a Tamagotchi V5.5, in Bandai's latest press release for the 2008 American International Toy Fair (in NYC) they gave enough information! Heres what was mentioned in the article: "In Fall 2008, how kids care for their Tamagotchi family determines whether the clan will grow up as a celebrity, athlete, model, paparazzi or even a royal family." So it appears that the V5.5 will be adding new families, but were unsure whether it will debut in July or fall of 2008?

what is the latest tamagotchi?
~~~tama lover wink2.gif

This post has been edited by tama lover on Jul 1 2008, 11:14 PM
PME-mail
binary
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 04:34 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,317

QUOTE (tama lover @ Jul 1 2008, 09:14 AM)
what is the latest tamagotchi?
~~~tama lover wink2.gif

As of this date, the latest Tamagotchi in Japan is the Royal FamiTama, and the latest outside of Japan is the Connection V5 (also known as the Familitchi.)
PM
!Gotchi-Gotchi!
  Posted: Jul 2 2008, 09:36 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,715

Well, the newest Tamagotchi in Japan is the Royal FamiTama, but the next Tamagotchi, just for information, is the Fure-Chama.

This post has been edited by !Gotchi-Gotchi! on Jul 2 2008, 09:39 AM
PME-mailWWW MSN
Tororotchi♥
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 01:07 PM

Teen
Group Icon

Member No.: 18,002

QUOTE (Osumesu21 @ Feb 17 2008, 01:45 AM)
Where is everybody getting the idea that they're bringing back the Mail feature? o.O

Anyway, I'm thinking it'll be the V5, but with new items and games, and different characters. Considering that the Japanese releases usually have a screen with a special coloring, I wonder if the V5.5 will have that as well.

~OM21
jump.gif

That'd be so cool! If they had some coloring! But binary has one..... I think! lolz! I have a picture of the V5.5, I'll post it up later! =)
PME-mail
Real_Three
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 09:04 PM

Tama Zone Luminaries
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 9,220

That'd be so cool! If they had some coloring! But binary has one..... I think! lolz! I have a picture of the V5.5, I'll post it up later! =)

What Binary (and many others of us, myself included) have is a Royal FamiTama, this is very likely to be exactly the same as the V5.5 but in English instead of Japanese.

OM21 was speculating before the Royal was released (his post you quoted was from Feb 17th). KeiTama Akai and UraTama have coloured Pixels (Red and Blue respectively) Royal FamiTama doesn't and so it's highly unlikely that V5.5 will either.
PM
619inurhouse
Posted: Jul 7 2008, 11:51 PM

Teen
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 16,480

It would be good if they had a touch screen like an Angelgotchi or a Morino Tamagotchi and they had a shop in them like the older versions. Altought it is highly unlikely that they will have colouring in them, wouldn't it be a nice suprise if they did?
PM
Real_Three
Posted: Jul 8 2008, 12:12 AM

Tama Zone Luminaries
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 9,220

Technically Morino and Angelgotchi both have sound/motion sensors not touch screens, BanDai US said they had touch screen but this is mis-interpretation on their part, you can tap anywhere on the units to scare away the predators.

I shouldn't think the 5.5 will have any major differences from the Royal FamiTama, the V5 didn't differ from the FamiTama, so why would it?

This is backed up by the extract from BanDai's US press release about the V5.5 -

"In Fall 2008, how kids care for their Tamagotchi family determines whether the clan will grow up as a celebrity, athlete, model, paparazzi or even a royal family."

Celebrity, Athlete, Model, Paparazzi, Royal... V5.5 = Royal FamiTama

619inurhouse - the V5 has a shop feature, the Royal FamiTama still has a shop feature and so 5.5 will also.
PM
Tororotchi♥
Posted: Jul 8 2008, 08:52 AM

Teen
Group Icon

Member No.: 18,002

Ok, maybe we'll be seeing colored pixels in Future Tama's. Until then, we remain with black and white or is it gray?

~Toro<3
PME-mail
Cinderpelt
Posted: Jul 8 2008, 09:22 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 16,329

QUOTE (Stripy_Mouse @ Jun 29 2008, 07:49 AM)
I just went to my local Walmart and the shelf were the v5's were was empty, maybe a sign that the v5.5's are coming. haha.gif

My Wal-Mart still has V4's - not even the V4.5s yet. And I'm in America. I have to go the whole way down to the closest Toys R Us if I want to find the latest Tamas. angry.gif
PME-mail
Tama-Yahoo
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 08:49 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,971

Well , if the bandai Tamagotchi 5.5 is anything like the v5 , im not getting it smiley-P.gif
PME-mail
gyara
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 11:01 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 7,510

QUOTE (Tama-Yahoo @ Jul 13 2008, 06:49 PM)
Well , if the bandai Tamagotchi 5.5 is anything like the v5 , im not getting it smiley-P.gif

Um. The "5.5" IS meant to indicate similarity to the V5. It's a "refresh" of the V5. Have you read the rest of this topic...?
PM
Osumesu21
Posted: Jul 21 2008, 11:02 AM

Tamagotchi Wiseman
Group Icon

Group: Tamagotchi Wiseman
Member No.: 270

Ladies and gentlemen, I have come across on eBay six of the new designs for this version! The packaging is different, but it still says to be V5 instead of "V5.5". Also, there's no special crowns or anything. And sadly, no sign of the Beach design.

But on another note, they all seem to come with a CD!

Stars Sidewalk Blue

Blue w/ Purple Stars

Red and White Stars

Movie Time Popcorn

Mametchi and Memetchi's Rock Concert

Purple with Hearts

~OM21
jump.gif
PME-mailWWW
kuchipatchluvr
Posted: Jul 21 2008, 11:53 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 16,253

OMG! some of them aren't that bad! D.gif well some of the Royal family members are on the pacage so I guess we all need to look at stores for them!

-Kuchi lol2.gif
PME-mailWWW
binary
Posted: Jul 21 2008, 12:09 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,317

Wait a minute! Scroll down to the larger image in those auctions (this one is fairly clear) and closely examine the characters in the square to the upper right of the CD. They look like Royal FamiTama characters to me: Antowanetchi, Teitokutchi, Elizabesutchi, and Eiyuutchi. And, isn't that Princess Tamakoko posing with Mametchi, just above the last i in "familitchi", along the bottom of the carton? And, just to the right of that same "familitchi", isn't that Gotchi King and Tamago Queen.

I have a hunch these are not regular V5's.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Pages: (17) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... Last » ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0288 seconds · Archive