Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
  ReplyNew Topic

Tamagotchi Park - My Review, Sega Saturn Tamagotchi Game
WarOmnimon
Posted: Apr 19 2008, 02:40 PM

Wiseman
Group Icon

Group: Tamagotchi Wiseman
Member No.: 5,090

I thought I would write a review of the Tamagotchi Park game, which was made available for the Sega Saturn in 1997, Japan only. I talked about it a bit in my log today, and here's some more information.

First off, I wanted to note the raisable characters. The G1, G2, and Angelgotchi characters are all present, except Lucky Unchi-Kun for some reason. There is also a new group exclusive to the game which I will refer to as "Segagotchis." As you know, there is a Sonictchi in the game, and he is one of the five adult Segagotchis. The other four - Opaopatchi, Pengotchi, Flicktchi, and Alextchi - should be recognizable by most Sega fans as the Opa Opa from Fantasy Zone, and the title characters from Pengo, Flickies, and the Alex Kidd series. The younger forms are actually based on the Sega Master System game cards (Remember those?), the Genesis / Megadrive cartridges, and game CDs.

Now, on to the game itself. In my log, I mentioned how animated the characters are in this game, their personalities shine through in these animations, most certainly. Gameplay is very simple, it's the same as the G1, with the addition of the Body and IQ meters from the Game Boy game. The Body meter is increased via a hurdles course, and the IQ meter is increased via a hiragana matching game.

The contests return from the Game Boy game, there is a food eating contest that requires you to evenly feed your Tamas the different foods in the game, I'll get to that in a minute. The racing contest can actually be interacted with here by cheering for your Tama, and the logic contest is a race against other Tamas in the hiragana matching game.

There are several different food items available in the game, and those are depending on the season of the Tamagotchi year it is. That's right, there are seasons in the game. When you first start the game, you'll be in Spring. As the seasons progress, you'll notice the difference in weather in your park.

All in all, the game has plenty to see and do, mostly due to the large number of characters and how animated they are. Definitely a nice game to play, even if you don't have a Memory Pack and play it on coffee breaks.
PME-mail
WarOmnimon
Posted: Apr 26 2008, 03:22 AM

Wiseman
Group Icon

I had posted the following growth chart in a seperate topic, I had a brain fart at that point so I merged that chart into this thread here.

user posted image
This should come in handy for those who play the Sega Saturn Tamagotchi game, especially for those who have access to the Segagotchi eggs.

In my experience playing the game, I haven't encountered the Segagotchi eggs yet, so I can't confirm the growth pattern, hence the disclaimer. Because the number of characters matches the Angelgotchi minus the secret characters, I presume the growth is the same, which means Cartritchi should be able to become Flicktchi. (Forgot to point that out on the chart. >_<) Also, the secret characters seem to start from the Baby form in Gallery Mode, making it seem that they are obtained in a different manner than the other three versions represented in Tamagotchi Park (G1, G2, Angelgotchi).

After I finally get my hands on the Segagotchi eggs, I'll experiment and update this growth chart with my findings.

(In case anyone is wondering, the sprites were taken from screenshots I took in Gallery Mode.)
PME-mail
Sugar
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 01:04 AM

Babytchi
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,496

I just found about this game.
I'm really astonished by these Segagotchi things, but I wasn't able to find more about it.
Did you managed to get rare eggs ?
PME-mailWWW
WarOmnimon
Posted: Dec 21 2009, 06:09 AM

Wiseman
Group Icon

Check the date of the last post before posting a reply. The last post was over a year ago, try to remember that next time.

Anyway, to answer your question, I haven't played the game in a while and therefore I still don't know how to get the Sega eggs. Perhaps sometime soon I'll start it up again and try for them - I do want to raise a Sonictchi at some point. tsub-smile.gif You can access the Gallery Mode, sound test, etc. by holding the X, Y, Z, A, B, C, L, and R buttons on the initial loading screen. When the title screen appears, release all eight buttons and press Start, there should be some new options that weren't there normally. tsub-smile.gif
PME-mail
combocooldown
Posted: Oct 21 2015, 03:48 AM

Babytchi
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,443

That growth chart is wrong, I managed to find a video and am currently trying to get ahold of anyone who knows what the requirements are for sega eggs. Here is the video, we should keep trying to find new info out about this game! D.gif

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm16282745
PME-mail
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0243 seconds · Archive