Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) LockedNew Topic

Fake FamiTama, JD125-2
binary
Posted: May 18 2008, 10:44 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,317

user posted image
(There is a JD company logo in the lower right corner, hidden by the price tag.)

I just bought a JD125-2 from a small shop in Taipei. It was only $120 Taiwanese dollars, which is about $3.60 US dollars, so I figured I would check it out.

The package says "V8". The instruction sheet says "UraTama Connexion Version 3". The instruction sheet that came with mine is in English, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese, and only vaguely matches the toy. When you pull the tab, "JD v3" flashes up on the screen for a moment.

Despite the packaging and shell design, this toy is nothing like the Tamagotchi Connection V5. It most resembles a Tamagotchi Connection V1.

The useable screen area is narrow like the Tamagotchi Connection V1-V4.5, not wide like the Tamagotchi Connection V5.

There is only one egg. You can name it, but you're limited to 3 characters.

There is only one meal and one snack item each. When you feed it, you see someone who resembles the Bandai "Bill" character eat the food; you don't see your actual character consume it.

There is only one built-in game. If you win you're given a 4-digit code. The instruction sheet doesn't mention what this code means, or what you should do with it. However, I figured it out. When no icons are lit, press the C button. Then you can enter the code to get a present. (More about presents further down in this post.)

There is no TamaTown for this toy. When you activate the Connect (Heart) icon, it goes straight to the READY screen.

There are two discipline selections. One looks like a trophy, the other like a hammer.

Medicine seems to be normal.

You have to manually turn the lights on or off.

The book icon has two selections. The first selection is for friends, according to the instruction sheet. The second selection is for presents that you've collected. These seem to be similar in function to the Tamagotchi Connection V3 & V4/V4.5 souvenirs. You can't play with them; you can only collect them.

JD also makes one with a rip-off of the Australian-style Tamagotchi Connection V5 packaging and shell design. Click here to see it.
PM
Real_Three
Posted: May 18 2008, 11:04 PM

Tama Zone Luminaries
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 9,220

Very interesting, thanks for posting about it Binary - I think if I'd have seen one for sale I would have bought it too out of curiousity. I have one question, are you keeping it running to see what happens, as in when it grows and which characters you get? That's if it does grow, maybe it just stays as the character you have now?
PM
Iamtamagotchi
Posted: May 19 2008, 12:05 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,388

The box shows a bunch of Ura Tamas but it has a V5 shell, I'd say thats a rip off! it should be worht $1.60!
PME-mailYIM
orchid
Posted: May 19 2008, 12:17 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Member No.: 16,415

On first thought, it seemed that Japan has released another FamiTama shell. haha.gif

On the package, it read: Spanish Edition. Was some of it in Spanish, or none?
PMWWW
Real_Three
Posted: May 19 2008, 01:00 AM

Tama Zone Luminaries
Group Icon

QUOTE (Iamtamagotchi @ May 18 2008, 03:05 PM)
The box shows a bunch of Ura Tamas but it has a V5 shell, I'd say thats a rip off! it should be worht $1.60!

It is a rip-off, that's the whole point, it's fake! JD are well known for making fake Tamagotchi but until now it would seem they hadn't ripped-off the FamiTama, I find it very interesting to see just how far they go and also all of the inaccuracies that are always present on fakes.
PM
sukatchi
Posted: May 19 2008, 01:16 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Member No.: 16,810

Sigh... I hate tamagotchi fakes! but I did buy one once knowing it was a fake, it was a JD fake tamagotchi but on the pakaging it did'nt show tamagotchi characters

It was a fake v.1 but surprisingly the characters actually looked abit better than the original bandai characters (well some of them anyways)

I hate JD, but I have to say that I kina like that shell.
PM
mysterypower
Posted: May 19 2008, 01:23 AM

Teen
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,193

I would guess that something like this would be against the law!

Fake tamagotchis---who knew?!?
PME-mail
cyann
Posted: May 19 2008, 02:00 AM

Tama Zone Immortals
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,844

QUOTE (mysterypower @ May 18 2008, 08:23 AM)
I would guess that something like this would be against the law!

Fake tamagotchis---who knew?!?

Hee hee, we did. We've been warning people about fakes for years.

It is kind of a cute design, but you can see from the picture that the hook at the top is plastic, not metal. Thanks for giving us the inside skinny, Binary.

(I do miss turning off the light at night. tsub-smile.gif )
PMWWW
binary
Posted: May 19 2008, 02:41 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

The only Spanish is that written on the package. You can see it in the photo. There is some more written on the back of the package, but it's all battery-related caution notes. I don't know much Spanish but it seems to be the standard warnings like "don't mix old and new batteries" and "don't dispose of old batteries in a fire." The instructions weren't Spanish. There are few words with the toy itself, and they're English: One of the status screens has a heading "Name". The connection screen shows the word "Ready". The battery tab has Japanese writing on it.

The egg hatched into a baby that looks like Bandai's teletchi*. It was about 6:30 PM when I hatched it. It hadn't evolved by 8:00 PM when it went to bed, so I'm assuming the baby stage lasts 24 hours.

(* Both male and female babies look the same. It was female when I initially hatched it at about 5:30 PM. After a while I decided to check which type of battery it used, so I unscrewed the back. Oops. The back has a rubber piece that holds the battery against a contact. Without the back in place, the battery is loose. After re-assembling it, I got a new egg which hatched into a male.)
PM
atashi
Posted: May 19 2008, 02:49 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 15,339

Thanks binary for showing us how good we got it with the real thing. I'm surprised this JD company hasn't been forced out of business. In fact I bought what I was a tamagotchi plus, but turned out to be a fake. It's packaging was even more realistic than the packaging for that one and it wasn't until I had the product in my hands did I notice the bandai logo was actually a sticker and that it wasn't the real thing...The fact that the coloring of the actual tamagotchi was slightly off should of alerted me. As soon as I pulled the tag it started playing happy birthday and right there my heart sunk.

I don't know about you binary, but I can't bring myself to play with fakes. They make me sad.
PME-mailWWW
binary
Posted: May 19 2008, 02:55 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

This particular one is so bad (compared to the expectation it would be somewhat similar to a V5) that it's funny.
PM
sukatchi
Posted: May 19 2008, 03:01 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Member No.: 16,810

QUOTE (binary @ May 19 2008, 02:55 AM)
This particular one is so bad (compared to the expectation it would be somewhat similar to a V5) that it's funny.

Wow I can't imagine how terrible it is then, but pretty much every JD fake is bad.
PM
kiji908
Posted: May 19 2008, 03:37 AM

Teen
Group Icon

Member No.: 16,290

I never bought a fake Tamagotchi, ever. Once I bought one off on Ebay, and it wasn't fake. It's a good thing that I got blessed with this gift. 00.gif And besides, JD should be ran out of business! And there should be a new law that no one is ever allowed to sell fake tamas!

This post has been edited by kiji908 on May 19 2008, 03:38 AM
PM
Real_Three
Posted: May 19 2008, 03:56 AM

Tama Zone Luminaries
Group Icon

QUOTE (kiji908 @ May 18 2008, 06:37 PM)
I never bought a fake Tamagotchi, ever. Once I bought one off on Ebay, and it wasn't fake. It's a good thing that I got blessed with this gift.

That's a very odd thing to say, it seems you are implying that it's rare to get a real Tamagotchi from eBay?! I have over 50 Tamas and two thirds of them come from eBay and aren't fakes. Yes there are fakes on eBay but as long as you know what you're looking for then it's perfectly safe.
PM
Osumesu21
Posted: May 19 2008, 04:27 AM

Tamagotchi Wiseman
Group Icon

Group: Tamagotchi Wiseman
Member No.: 270

And the fakes get worse and worse. xD

The only thing I wonder is why Bandai hasn't sued JD to the ground yet. They continuously use Bandai's copyrighted characters, and some people can't tell the difference between these and an authentic Tamagotchi.

Also, I spotted some more fakes on YouTube. I can only assume they're similar to Binary's fake.

V1 impersonation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFXcmJ06bAc

"Touchscreen":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-oRgYgJ_kA

Also, I've heard that connecting a fake to a real Tamagotchi is harmful, if the fakes' infrareds actually work. Is there fact to this?

~OM21
jump.gif
PME-mailWWW
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  LockedNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1011 seconds | Archive