Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew Topic

iDmakeDL v2 - now with GUI, make Tamagotchi-iD download files
binary
Posted: Dec 6 2010, 06:03 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,317

Introducing iDmakeDL v2

user posted image
Now with GUI.

user posted image
Now with virtual keyboard for entering catalog name and mail messages.

Overview
Load - (next to "your file name") loads existing download file for viewing or editing.

Save - (next to "your file name") saves an edited or created download file. You can specify a new file name.

Create new... - select to create a new meal, doughnut, snack, letter, livingroom wallpaper, or photo studio backdrop.

Load - (under an image) allows you to replace the image with another from a file.

Save - (under an image) saves the image to a file.

Grab - (under the left-most image) create a preview image (left-most image) from a copy of the catalog image (2nd image from the left.) The preview image background is automatically changed from green to pink for Lovely-Melody ver.-specific download files.

"<<" & ">>" - view next image in the download file.

Edit buttons - allow the neighbouring field to be edited. The edit button label turns red while you're editing a field. Click a second time when you're done editing the field.

Editing the catalog name or mail message - place the cursor at the desired location in the text box, then click the desired key on the virtual keyboard. To delete unwanted character(s), select them then click "del" on the virtual keyboard. For mail message, there is no automatic word-wrap, so fully plan your message before you begin inputting it.

Notes about download file image formats and dimensions
Meal, doughnut, or snack animations require three 24 x 24 pixel images.
A letter (mail) download file requires one 32 x 32 pixel.
Livingroom wallpaper download files requires one 128 x 72 pixel image.
A photo studio backdrop download file requires one 120 x 64 pixel image.
All of these images must be 4-bit indexed (16 color) bitmap images. A paint program other than Windows Paint may be required. You may experience a problem getting Windows Paint to properly preserve your colors when saving as a 16 color bitmap. A program that has been tested and known to do this properly is GIMP 2. The conversion method I've been using in GIMP 2 is: Image -> Mode -> Indexed. Then set the value for Maximum number of colors to 16

It is no longer necessary to create a separate .JPG preview image. iDmakeDL v2 can make one for you, based on the catalog image. Of course, if you want the preview image to be different, you can specify one you've made yourself.

Download links and updates

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.0: this version no longer available

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.2: this version no longer available
Updates:
(1) iDmakeDL can now read tama-id.com download files for the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus.
(2) You can now create custom colour Accessory Paint files for the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus. (For an example: click here)

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.5: this version no longer available
Bug fixes:
(1) When viewing a minigame or travel destination download file, not all the embedded images could be browsed. This bug was introduced in iDmakeDL v2.0.0.2
(2) When a download file originating from a Home Tamagotchi Station Plus was edited using a previous version of iDmakeDL, the file's checksum might not be correctly updated.

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.6: this version no longer available
Updates:
(1) Adds a marker to files, to indicate they originated from a Home Tamagotchi Station Plus. This allows Tamagotchi-iD download files for meals, doughnuts, snacks, toys (TamaDepa items), livingroom wallpapers, and mail to be used on the Tamagotchi-iD L, provided they've been assigned a serial number in the correct range.
(2) When you click the serial number Edit button for one of the download files types mentioned above, the range necessary for iD L compatibility is shown in the status box.

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.8: this version no longer available
Updates:
(1) iDmakeDL can now read Tamagotchi-iD L connection files and download files.
(2) iDmakeDL can now be used to create Tamagotchi-iD L download files: meals for the Restaurant, snacks for TamaBakery, snacks for TamaCafe, letters for the Mailbox, and living room wallpapers for Gotchi Interior.

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.10: this version no longer available
Update: Added support in the like & dislike matrix for the new raisable adult characters on the Tamagotchi-iD L 15th Anniversary ver.

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.11: this version no longer available
Update: Improved the tab order in the Tamagotchi-iD L like & dislike matrix.
Bug fix: Like & dislike matrix for the Tamagotchi-iD wasn't appearing.

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.12: http://www.gotchiworld.de/wp-content/uploa...2-v2.0.0.12.zip
Updates:
(1) Realized that Tamagotchi-iD L item serial numbers are 4 digits long, not 2.
(2) For iD L, changed like & dislike matrix from checkboxes to graphics. This reduces form area required for each character. Click to cycle through grey (neutral), green (like), and red (dislike).
(3) Added support in the like & dislike matrix for the new raisable adult characters on the Tamagotchi-iD L Princess Spacy ver.

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.13: http://www.gotchiworld.de/wp-content/uploa...2-v2.0.0.13.zip
Updates: New features include the ability edit and/or extract the items embedded within Happy Mail and Seed packs. For details see this post: http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=2...post&p=22053142

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.14: this version no longer available
Updates: Added feature to allow recolouring Tamagotchi iD L clothing and accessories. For details see this post: http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=2...post&p=22053160

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.15: http://www.gotchiworld.de/wp-content/uploa...2-v2.0.0.15.zip
Updates: No new features from previous version. Only removed dependancy on VisualStudio PlusPack10.

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.16: http://www.gotchiworld.de/wp-content/uploa...2-v2.0.0.16.zip
Updates:
(1) Added feature to allow creation of Happy Mail and Seed package downloads. Only the following types of items can be contained within a Happy Mail or Seed package: meal, snack, accessory, clothing, toy, daily necessity (other than a seed package.) When an embedded item is awarded to your Tamagotchi character, it'll be delivered to their personal inventory: meals and snacks to their fridge; accessories & clothing to their closet; toys and daily necessities to their treasure chest.
(2) When creating a Mail or Happy Mail download, the preview image defaults to the appropriate envelope. (You can still change it if you wish.)
(3) Friendship Effect is now shown & input as decimal (vs. hexadecimal.)

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.17: http://www.gotchiworld.de/wp-content/uploa...2-v2.0.0.17.zip
Updates:
(1) Added feature to create Daily Necessity cleaning items.
(2) Added feature to create Tamagotchi iD L Toys.
For details, see this post: http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=2...post&p=22059588

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.18: http://www.gotchiworld.de/wp-content/uploa...2-v2.0.0.18.zip
Updates:
(1) Added feature to create Tamagotchi iD Toys.
(2) Added feature to create Tamagotchi iD L Clothes.
For details, see this post: http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=2...post&p=22060498

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.19: http://www.gotchiworld.de/wp-content/uploa...2-v2.0.0.19.zip
Updates:
(1) Rearranged the clothing images on the recolour form, from sequentially-in-rows to sequentially-in-columns, so it's much easier to visualise their relationship to each other. (The 28 clothing images represent 4 body types with 7 poses each.)
(2) Added feature to create Tamagotchi iD L accessories. Note: Each accessory download file contains a table of horizontal and vertical offsets. This data is used to position the accessory image on the screen, relative to each pose each character can hold (i.e. running sideways, facing forward, jumping up, etc.) for each of the accessory's four images. When creating an accessory, I suggest you start by finding an accessory somewhat similar to what you wish to make. Export the position data and images from that download file, then modify those images. When you select to create your accessory, you'll be prompted to provide the position data file. If you don't supply a file, iDmakeDL will fill the table with some mid-position data, which may not work well with your accessory.
(3) Updated the user interface. Removed the load, grab, edit, and save buttons. For elements that the user can edit directly (e.g. price), click that control and begin editing it. For elements that may support multiple commands (e.g. load & save), click that control and select the desired command from the context menu. (Note: not all context commands are available for all types of download files, or at all times.)
(4) Added capability to view a Tamagotchi P's connection file. (i.e. the "put.jpg" file that your cellphone receives when you attempt to connect your Tamagotchi P's to your cellphone as if the cellphone was a Tamagotchi iD L.) This connection file reveals your Tamagotchi P's character's current GUTS points level for intelligence, style, charisma, gourmet, and strength.
(5) Added capability to view & edit Tamagotchi P's download items.
(6) Added capability to create Tamagotchi P's meals, snacks, letters, and living room wallpapers.

iDmakeDL v2.0.0.20: http://www.gotchiworld.de/wp-content/uploa...2-v2.0.0.20.zip
Updates:
(1) Added capability to create Tamagotchi P's toys, accessories and clothing. (The process to create them is the same as for Tamagotchi iD L.)
(2) Added a Load All Images option available when creating Tamagotchi iD L or Tamagotchi P's accessory (4 images) or clothing (28 images). Note: these image files must be named with a sequential suffix starting from _01.bmp
Bug fixes:
(1) When creating a Tamagotchi iD L toy, the animation number wasn't being written to the file. (This bug was introduced in iDmakeDL v2.0.0.19)

This post has been edited by binary on Dec 25 2012, 04:43 AM
PM
Uwasatchi12
Posted: Dec 6 2010, 07:40 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,267

Binary, you're a genius!
PME-mail
Smashbox77
Posted: Dec 6 2010, 08:50 AM

Teen
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,371

What is this?
PME-mail
binary
Posted: Dec 6 2010, 11:10 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Smashbox77 @ Dec 5 2010, 05:50 PM)
What is this?

It's a program that runs on PCs.

If you also mean "What does it do?" then: it allows you to create your own download files for the Tamagotchi-iD. It replaces the earlier versions of the iDmakeDL program mentioned in these topics:
Tamagotchi-iD wallpaper, how to create your own
Tamagotchi-iD photo studio backdrop, how to create your own
Tamagotchi-iD meal / doughnut / snack, how to make your own
Tamagotchi-iD mail, how to make your own
PM
Smashbox77
Posted: Dec 6 2010, 11:21 AM

Teen
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,371

in the 2nd pic why does it show the chacter are they editable?
PME-mail
binary
Posted: Dec 6 2010, 11:26 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Smashbox77 @ Dec 5 2010, 08:21 PM)
in the 2nd pic why does it show the chacter are they editable?

The image of Uwasatchi in the second screenshot is the picture of her you see in the upper right corner on a letter (mail) from her. Yes, that image can be changed.

But if you mean "Can you change the images of the characters you can raise?" then: no. That's not possible.
PM
Tama-Star_Girl
  Posted: Dec 6 2010, 01:32 PM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Researcher
Member No.: 23,708

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH BINARY! *screams out load thank you*! This saves SO MUCH time when I am adding the Japanese codes, and when I am after a BMP image from a DL file! THANK YOU A MILLION! memetchi.gif
PME-mailWWW
-Ra-
Posted: Dec 6 2010, 04:13 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 503

Binary, this is incredible and literally cuts the time in half of what it used to take to create new files! I also love how easy it is now to simply preview images and even take a copy of their BMP forms! You once again prove you're a tama legend! My hat's off to you! tsub-smile.gif

Ra,
PMWWW
!Gotchi-Gotchi!
  Posted: Dec 6 2010, 04:52 PM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,715

Now I can make images! Well I could before when I had XP 32-bit, but recently two problems aroused with the old iDmakeDL: My Win7 64-bit computer doesn't like the old DOS-type program, and I'm too lazy to work through DOS to construct a file. smiley-P.gif
Thanks again!!

This post has been edited by !Gotchi-Gotchi! on Dec 6 2010, 04:52 PM
PME-mailWWW MSN
evie_00
Posted: Dec 7 2010, 03:32 AM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,502

Binary, you are amazing. O.gif It's too bad I'm usually on a Mac and can't use this, but I do have a little Windows 7 tablet laptop that I could use when I'm itching to make some files. This will probably encourage me to do so! Thank you for all your hard work!

Evie
PME-mail
oorin
Posted: Dec 17 2010, 03:54 PM

Child
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,468

This is superb!

One question though, is there any way to change the location?
For example if i were to make a MEAL, but i want it to sell on convenience store rather than in the restaurant....
PME-mail
evie_00
Posted: Dec 17 2010, 09:23 PM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,502

QUOTE (oorin @ Dec 17 2010, 12:54 AM)
One question though, is there any way to change the location?
For example if i were to make a MEAL, but i want it to sell on convenience store rather than in the restaurant....

I don't think any download files ever went to the Convenience Store, so I don't think that's possible.

Evie
PME-mail
binary
Posted: Dec 17 2010, 10:02 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Page 18 of the Tamagotchi-iD instruction manual lists all the locations download files can be stored. Unfortunately, the Convenience Store isn't on the list.
PM
oorin
Posted: Dec 18 2010, 12:05 AM

Child
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,468

Oh alright, thank you very much.

Still a very superb tool, thanks again for making the tool, binary!
You're a legend wink.gif
PME-mail
!Gotchi-Gotchi!
  Posted: Dec 24 2010, 12:00 PM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Member No.: 17,715

binarey, is it possible to change the internal filename of the items you can make? The couple I've made, all different types, all say "tama-zone.com". I don't actually have an IR-ready phone, so I can't send them to my iD, but if I could send them they would fail because they have the same internal name, wouldn't they?
PME-mailWWW MSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0996 seconds | Archive