Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew Topic

Create-Your-Own Tamagotchi?, Bandai's Partnership with Edison Nation
SamJJE101
Posted: Sep 14 2011, 11:15 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,807

As a lot of us would have noticed by now, Bandai America have been very quiet lately, especially when it comes to Tamagotchi. Their silence was broken today however, with the announcement via their blog that Bandai America had formed a new partnership with Edison Nation, an American idea-to-shelf company that prides itself on taking ideas from regular people and making them into actual products, and giving them a fair share of the profit.

Bandai are looking for brilliant new ideas for revolutionary, modern toys to engage kids of all ages and to bring our their creative and fun side, using modern technology, and they're asking the general public for their ideas. This includes both original products and new ideas for already existing products, including Tamagotchi! Never before has Bandai allowed fan-submitted ideas for Tamagotchis, but now they are asking for them.

Visit this page here for more information: www.edisonnation.com/bandai

It's free to sign up, but it will cost $25 USD to submit an idea, and of course there is no guarantees that your idea will be chosen, so it is quite a lot of money to give to potentially get nothing in return. The rewards are great, though. If your idea is chosen, you will receive a $2,500 minimum advance on 20 years percentage of sales or buyout, as well as 50% of the royalties on your product.

This could potentially be great for Tamagotchi. It could also potentially be just another Toy that is added to Bandai's name that detracts from Tamagotchi. I really, really hope that it's the former.

Let the ideas begin! tsub-smile.gif

EDIT: Now that I think about it, what would be really awesome is if the whole of Tama-Zone worked on an idea for the future of Tamagotchi, and one of the Staff members submitted the idea on Tama-Zone's behalf (each contributing member could donate $1 towards the idea or something). That would be amazing, but it'd also be pretty hard to do. :b

This post has been edited by SamJJE101 on Sep 14 2011, 11:21 AM
PME-mailWWW MSN
WarOmnimon
Posted: Sep 14 2011, 12:57 PM

Wiseman
Group Icon

Group: Tamagotchi Wiseman
Member No.: 5,090

Someone already bought this up to the attention of a well known Power Rangers message board, and because that toyline hasn't been using the Japanese Megazord molds for the international releases for quite some time, I'm pretty sure the PR fans are going to swamp Bandai America with "collectors edition" ideas as a result of this... which will definitely deter attention away from a possible Tamagotchi release via this method. (And there are quite more PR fans than Tama fans, unfortunately for us.)

Add to the fact that the distribution companies have stopped distributing the Tama-Go... As much as I keep reminding myself of what Ra said when times looked grim after the Music Star and how that came through (The Tama-Go was released shortly thereafter), I now think that Tamagotchi is honestly in trouble outside of Japan, folks.

On the other hand, we could definitely get a new Tamagotchi release very soon (They did mention Tamagotchi in the article). As many mistakes as they've made, Bandai America should be smarter than to not capitalize on the 15th anniversary of the line. They just can't act that way now. rollover.gif
PME-mail
hwd45
Posted: Sep 15 2011, 02:28 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,905

I'd help think of an idea. Let me just get a few ideas ready, and I'll post them here!
EDIT:Maybe we should have a list of suggested features in the OP, and possibly the more popular suggestions in bold?

EDIT 2- A list of undeveloped ideas, my favourites written bold:
Version 8 ideas:
-Figures
•Extra Types of figure (e.g. Rare)
•More advanced figures
•Extra connectivity between figures and Internet
-Tamatown
•New areas of the current tamatown
•Somewhere figure-related in tamatown
•More tamagotchi-Internet connectivity (e.g. More items available on the internet for transfer, wifi/Bluetooth downloads
-Items and food
•Items are available on the tamagotchi
•Larger range of items
•Travel tickets
•Items that have affect on the Internet
•Tranfer of items from older versions (only the Tama-go may receive the gift)
-Games
•Old games make a return
-Characters
•Secret characters make a return
•More secret characters (like in v5)
•More characters
•Figures affect obtainable characters?
-New technology
•An iPod touch/iPhone/iPad app that allows access to tamatown, tamagtchi information, games, and has the ability to connect with a tamagotchi for extra features.

This post has been edited by hwd45 on Sep 15 2011, 06:39 AM
PME-mailWWW
year7afrokid
  Posted: Sep 15 2011, 10:15 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,061

My idea would be to have a tamamori tamatown like tamastreet so instead of buying pre made outfits you can get codes to unlock more stickers and tamamori your house and ur character and they should have tama cafe too and a health bar for online so you can feed your tamagotchi and finally they should have a tamax tv area and a magazine that gives u online tamagotchi news including tamagotchi of the month and some translated go go tamagotchi comics
PME-mail
Piqutchi
  Posted: Sep 15 2011, 10:57 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,876

I'm starting to think up my idea, too. It would be a Tamagotchi unit with a camera (or two, for better recognition of the environment you are in or something); it would basically be like a cross between the existing Tamagotchi models with the AR Games on the Nintendo 3DS. That's all I'm gonna say, though; you guys better not steal my idea! tsub-smile.gif

(Speaking of that, how am I going to convince my parents to let me spend $25 on something like this!? smiley-P.gif)

EDIT: Since Bandai US does not seem to be very interested in Tamagotchi nowadays, do you think I should simply submit my idea under a generic name and theme (like AR Pets)?

This post has been edited by Piqutchi on Sep 15 2011, 11:03 AM
PME-mail
TMGCLover92
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 12:32 PM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,451

I didn't know where to post this.. but it looks as if Brazil or some other country have the Tamatown Tama-gos. They have different packaging and a chamametchi lite figure!?!?! take a look

Here is the site >>

http://www.longjump.com.br/site/produto.as...DTipoProduto=96

Here is the commercial >>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf8aGFKV7pA

Its all pretty interesting tsub-smile.gif
PME-mail
Tama-Star_Girl
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 02:16 PM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Researcher
Member No.: 23,708

QUOTE (TMGCLover92 @ Sep 18 2011, 02:32 PM)
I didn't know where to post this.. but it looks as if Brazil or some other country have the Tamatown Tama-gos. They have different packaging and a chamametchi lite figure!?!?! take a look 

Here is the site >>

http://www.longjump.com.br/site/produto.as...DTipoProduto=96

Here is the commercial >>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf8aGFKV7pA

Its all pretty interesting tsub-smile.gif

offtopic.jpg
You mean these ones:
user posted image
From the Tamagotchi Expo 2011. Showing off all the Tamagotchis around the world, released in the past 3 - 5 years and now.

From what I know they are the Tamagotchi! anime Tama-Gos, and were released in China... but IDK if they were released in Japan.... I don't think so. From what I have seen on a lot of Japanese Tamagotchi blogs, they all have been using the American Tama-Gos.

But IDK how they made there way to Europe, but I know they do have the anime TV show, Tamagotchi! airing in French in France. But the commercial is in Brazilan Portuguese. I know this because I have a friend from Portugal, and the three languages on the original American Tama-Go's packaging is English, Spanish and Brazilan Portuguese.

Also I have no idea if this Tama-Go actually released in South America or not...

EDIT:I forgot to say there is also a Kuchipatchi Tamagotchi! anime Tama-Go. But oddly it isn't shown on Long Jump website.

EDIT: Here are the Chinese version... oddly in Japanese: http://www.toynews.com.tw/showroom/mallset...%AD%90%E9%9B%9E
They look the same but with the Japanese Tamagotchi! anime logo.
Thanks Mametchi419

This post has been edited by Tama-Star_Girl on Sep 19 2011, 11:52 AM
PME-mailWWW
hwd45
Posted: Sep 20 2011, 07:15 AM

Adult
Group Icon

So, who wants to help with this project? I suppose getting the whole website to help, and maybe getting tamatalk involved, would really help 'fill the void in the marketplace'. One of the things that I noticed when reading the article was that they will pick as many ideas as possible. This will raise our chances of benign forward a new toy.

Think of it this way:
Nobody helps- no new tamagotchi
Part of the website helps- slight chance of new tamagotchi
Whole website helps- medium-high chance of Bandai's recognition.

We want bandai to know that we still want more, and they can still give more. For this project, we will need:
•Ideas!
•Images/videos
•$25 (groan)
•Help, and lots of it.

I'm still working on ideas, and I'll make some images soon.
PME-mailWWW
SamJJE101
Posted: Sep 20 2011, 07:55 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,807

http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=4157

This topic already has dozens of ideas submitted by Tama-Zone members over the years. It might also be worth creating a new discussion in the Tamagotchi discussion than continuing to talk about it here, perhaps?
PME-mailWWW MSN
hwd45
Posted: Sep 20 2011, 08:20 AM

Adult
Group Icon

QUOTE (SamJJE101 @ Sep 20 2011, 07:55 AM)
http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=4157

This topic already has dozens of ideas submitted by Tama-Zone members over the years. It might also be worth creating a new discussion in the Tamagotchi discussion than continuing to talk about it here, perhaps?

Yes, it would probably make more sense to have this as the announcement thread, and have an ideas/discussion thread in the discussion section.
PME-mailWWW
Piqutchi
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 01:00 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,876

QUOTE (hwd45 @ Sep 19 2011, 05:15 PM)
So, who wants to help with this project? I suppose getting the whole website to help, and maybe getting tamatalk involved, would really help 'fill the void in the marketplace'. One of the things that I noticed when reading the article was that they will pick as many ideas as possible. This will raise our chances of benign forward a new toy.

Think of it this way:

We want bandai to know that we still want more, and they can still give more. For this project, we will need:
•Ideas!
•Images/videos
•$25 (groan)
•Help, and lots of it.

I would like to help! I've got plenty of idea going for my Tamagotchi AR concept, but I don't know if I will have the money or permission to enter it in. I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to receive the royalties or prize money, though, but hey, more funds for Tama Zone/TamaTalk, right? haha.gif
PME-mail
Hidatchi
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 06:14 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Group: Researcher
Member No.: 8,667

Remember that if people are actually going to go through with this, the ideas have to be practical and realistic for a tamagotchi release. Anything extremely different has a much smaller chance of getting chosen, compared to something that is within bandai's 'budget'.
PME-mailWWW
josh
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 09:06 PM

Babytchi
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,309

QUOTE (hwd45 @ Sep 20 2011, 07:15 AM)

Think of it this way:

•Ideas!
•Images/videos
•$25 (groan)
•Help, and lots of it.

I would personally love to help! D.gif

I also think that we should join forces with TamaTalk. Both TamaZone and TamaTalk are the two biggest Tamagotchi Fan-Websites on the internet!

If we do collaborate, we'd have twice as much creativity, ideas, suggestions and money! c:
PME-mail
KuroMame
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 10:13 PM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,591

Anyone think I should submit my Tamagotchi Around the World idea?
PME-mail
hwd45
Posted: Sep 23 2011, 01:21 AM

Adult
Group Icon

QUOTE (KuroMame @ Sep 22 2011, 10:13 PM)
Anyone think I should submit my Tamagotchi Around the World idea?

Yes. It's just a shame that it costs $25.
PME-mailWWW
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1080 seconds | Archive