Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Create-your-own Tamagotchi! Ideas, Let's make a Tamagotchi!
hwd45
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 04:12 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,905

If you've seen the topic here:
http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=24990&st=0
...Then you'll know that we want to collect ideas to make our own tamagotchi. Here is where we will collect those ideas, pick the ones we like and send it off to Bandai.
Please note, in your suggestions, a category (some of which are noted below), and exactly what you want in the tamagotchi. Develop your ideas to be more understandable, and provide art if necessary. If you can't, or won't do art, but you want art, you can always ask other board members for help. You may list as many ideas as you wish.
Also, if you see an idea on the list that you particularly like, please tell us! We need to find the most important ideas to add to the final product.

Let's list the suggestions!

General Ideas
•More 'basic' ideas (Proposed by beagee)
•Basic themes, like the vintage tamagotchis (Proposed by beagee)
•Several remakes of some of the vintage tamas, but in colour. Some versions mayy be mixed (e.g. Morino and Ocean, Angel and Devil) (Proposed by Neo_Mametchi)
•Rechargable battery; a special "cradle" (docking station) would probably be provided with the Tama; this could be helpful for a power-intensive Tama like a color-screen version (Proposed by Piquitchi)
•Plenty of advertisement (Proposed by hwd45)
•Once you would get to a certian generation, new items,locations, games, and maybe even characters could become available. This way even after you raised many generations, you would still have new things to do. (Proposed by Neo_Mametchi)

Tamatown
•Being able to log on to the Tamagotchi website to purchase new "TamaThemes" (essentially like buying a brand-new version of Tamagotchi, except you are still technically using your current unit), food, and games, among other things (Proposed by Piquitchi)
•New areas of the current tamatown (all areas must have a use) (Proposed by hwd45)
•Somewhere figure-related in tamatown (or a range of areas, one single area isn't nearly enough) (Proposed by hwd45)
•More tamagotchi-Internet connectivity (e.g. More items available on the internet for transfer, wifi/Bluetooth downloads) (Proposed by hwd45)
•'Hunts'. Treasure hunts, map piece hunts etc. should be more frequent and more rewarding. The map hunt is actually a very good example of a 'rewarding task' (Proposed by hwd45)

Figures and other external technology
•Extra Types of figure (e.g. Rare, Exclusive) (Proposed by hwd45)
•More advanced figures (that is, figures which give the user a larger range of things to do and ways to play etc.) (Proposed by hwd45)
•Extra connectivity between figures and Internet (that is, more reward on both tamatown and tamagotchi for using a figure. Higher ability to transfer data between figures, tamagotchi and Internet) (Proposed by hwd45)

Items and food features
•Themed shops and items (Proposed by beagee)
•Items are available on the tamagotchi, rather than figure-only (Proposed by hwd45)
•Larger range of items (that have uses), instead of many useless items (Proposed by hwd45)
•Travel tickets, which have use either online or on the tamagotchi (Proposed by hwd45)
•Items that have affect on the Internet (similar to tickets, but on a larger scale) (Proposed by hwd45)
•Tranfer of items from older versions (only the newer tamagotchi may receive the gift) (Proposed by hwd45)
•Food is character-dependant (Proposed by TMGCLover92)

Games
•Old games make a return (Proposed by hwd45)
•Higher variety of new games, instead of being similar to old ones (Proposed by hwd45)

Characters and Growth
•More Characters (Proposed by Neo_Mametchi)
•Adult characters are decided by number of care misses and an element of randomness. (Proposed by Neo_Mametchi)
•Secret characters make a return (Proposed by hwd45)
•Figures affect obtainable characters? (For example, 'unlocking' exclusive characters by using figures) (Proposed by hwd45)

New features and technology
•Using WiFi, Bluetooth, or cellular connectivity (2G EDGE would be fine, 3G is not neccessarily needed) to aid with communication with the Tamagotchi website and with other Tamagotchi units (Proposed by Piquitchi)
•Downloadable content via USB. You would be able to download new characters you can raise, icon borders, sounds, as well as the same types of downloads used on the idl (Proposed by sukatchi)
•Mobile App, containing guides (Proposed by sukatchi)
•IPod touch application. Ability to access tamatown offline, view information and news, and possibly a 'memory' of previous tamagotchi usage. (Proposed by hwd45)

Undeveloped ideas

This post has been edited by hwd45 on Oct 3 2011, 01:08 AM
PME-mailWWW
Neo_Mametchi
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 07:23 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Member No.: 18,742

Characters & Growth
The more tamagotchi characters the better. If you look at the iD L growth chart, for adults you can easily choose which one you want to get. But they could add more than 1 adult to each care miss group.

For example on the iD L, if you have Hanikamitchi (male teen) and give him 0-1 care misses, you would get Mametchi. But what if they added a few extra tamas? Instead it could be Hanikamitchi with 0-1 care misses could evolve into Mametchi or Togetchi (from v4) with an equal chance of getting each one. That way you can kinda choose which tama you want but also have some randomness.

Hopefully everyone understands what I'm saying. I had trouble tring to explain this. huh.gif

I own many different versions. I get frusterated on having to change the version I'm currently using just because I want to get tamas that are only on certian versions.

This post has been edited by Neo_Mametchi on Sep 28 2011, 07:27 AM
PME-mail
beagee
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 02:24 PM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,735

My honest wish is that the Tamagotchis revert back to being a tad more basic. The new features in the iD and iDL are very neat, but they take away from the original idea of raising a Tama. Personally I much prefer a simple Tama with a neat theme, like the vintages. I would like to see that idea but perhaps with themed shops and items as well. The connection feature has never been one I particularly cared for. It's sweet, but I wouldn't miss it if it were gone.
PME-mailWWW
Neo_Mametchi
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 10:29 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Basics are good. The v2 & v3 were pretty basic. I didn't like the growth system though. Its almost impossable to raise every tama on them, because you end up getting the same characters.

Maybe they could remake some of the vintage tamas but in color. Since they were so simple, they could include more than 1 vintage version in a single tama. Then when you would start it you could choose which vintage ver. you wanted to raise.
They could combine:
Morino & Ocean
Angel & Devil

I'm not sure how many different versions they could put in a single tama though. Once you would select your vintage version, the tama's background, icons, ect. would change to match that version.
PME-mail
hwd45
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 12:55 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Added ideas to list. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. Also, I really liked the themed shops and items idea. If anyone else really likes one of these ideas, tell us! All the popular ideas will be marked in red.
PME-mailWWW
Piqutchi
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 05:00 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,876

(Be patient with me, guys, this is gonna be a long post! smiley-P.gif)

I was thinking about a brand-new Tamagotchi product, based on the AR Games mode on the Nintendo 3DS.

The unit would have to have a camera and color screen, and it would likely also contain a touch-screen (resistive would be fine) or rechargable battery.

Essentially, instead of being confined to a little room on the screen, your [t]Tamagotchi[/I] character would interact with the environment around it, and you use the device as a "magic viewfinder" of some sort. The Tama can usually be seen hovering the air, but when an AR card is placed in the device's viewpoint, the Tama makes their landing and explores the area.

There are a lot of ideas that could come from this - Playing Hide-and-Seek with the Tama, feeding the Tama real food, and even finding rewards by visiting locations with special QR codes within.

Aside from that, I have a couple generic ideas:

1) Rechargable battery; a special "cradle" (docking station) would probably be provided with the Tama; this could be helpful for a power-intensive Tama like a color-screen version

2) Being able to log on to the Tamagotchi website to purchase new "TamaThemes" (essentially like buying a brand-new version of Tamagotchi, except you are still technically using your current unit), food, and games, among other things

3) Using WiFi, Bluetooth, or cellular connectivity (2G EDGE would be fine, 3G is not neccessarily needed) to aid with communication with the Tamagotchi website and with other Tamagotchi units.
PME-mail
hwd45
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 06:54 AM

Adult
Group Icon

QUOTE (Piqutchi @ Sep 29 2011, 05:00 AM)
(Be patient with me, guys, this is gonna be a long post! smiley-P.gif)

I was thinking about a brand-new Tamagotchi product, based on the AR Games mode on the Nintendo 3DS.

The unit would have to have a camera and color screen, and it would likely also contain a touch-screen (resistive would be fine) or rechargable battery.

Essentially, instead of being confined to a little room on the screen, your [t]Tamagotchi[/I] character would interact with the environment around it, and you use the device as a "magic viewfinder" of some sort. The Tama can usually be seen hovering the air, but when an AR card is placed in the device's viewpoint, the Tama makes their landing and explores the area.

There are a lot of ideas that could come from this - Playing Hide-and-Seek with the Tama, feeding the Tama real food, and even finding rewards by visiting locations with special QR codes within.

Aside from that, I have a couple generic ideas:

1) Rechargable battery; a special "cradle" (docking station) would probably be provided with the Tama; this could be helpful for a power-intensive Tama like a color-screen version

2) Being able to log on to the Tamagotchi website to purchase new "TamaThemes" (essentially like buying a brand-new version of Tamagotchi, except you are still technically using your current unit), food, and games, among other things

3) Using WiFi, Bluetooth, or cellular connectivity (2G EDGE would be fine, 3G is not neccessarily needed) to aid with communication with the Tamagotchi website and with other Tamagotchi units.

That is a long post. Your idea is great, but it would be pretty expensive! I'll put your other ideas up in a second.
PME-mailWWW
sukatchi
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 06:55 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Member No.: 16,810

ugh, I have a lot of ideas so I guess I'll post my favorite one.

I think it should have a lot of downloadable content, so you can customize almost everything. You would be able to download new characters you can raise, icon borders, sounds, as well as the same types of downloads used on the idl.

With out downloads it would be basic, kind of like the v.2 and 3. Only a few games, characters and items.

I also like the idea of different themes, but some people probably wouldn't. So they could also be done by downloads. tsub-smile.gif

There should be some sort of usb cable to connect it to a pc, to download the new content, as well as tamatown? I wouldn't care if they just got rid of the tamatown website, or if they don't make a new one. But I suppose it could have some exclusive items or something like that, plus you wouldn't need to use passwords any more!

I was thinking about having it incorporate a mobile app, but I couldn't come up with anything. I suppose they could release guide books, in the form of an app. But I don't think that's really what they wanted. smiley-P.gif

That's my general idea, I probably missed some important things I had come up with. smiley-P.gif
PM
hwd45
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 07:39 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Awesome input, everyone! It's nice to see that everyonehas similar ideas. At the moment, I'm seeing a tamagotchi, possibly with a colour screen, with downloadable content via wi-fi or USB. most downloads will be 'themed'. Other themes may be obtainable on figures. The themes add special shops, games, characters and backgrounds. Behind that, the tamagotchi is quite basic. One of the reasons I love the suggestions is because of all the new technology involved- downloading themes saves the trouble of having to buy them.
PME-mailWWW
Neo_Mametchi
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 07:40 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

I wanted to post this earlier but I forgot to do so. On the iD L it has Tamatomo stamps that unlock new locations as you continue raising tamas. This way you had a goal to keep you busy. On the other versions raising many generations got you nothing.

Maybe instead of tamotomo stamps it could be something like this: Once you would get to a certian generation, new items,locations, games, and maybe even characters could become available. This way even after you raised many generations, you would still have new things to do.
PME-mail
hwd45
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 08:05 AM

Adult
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neo_Mametchi @ Sep 29 2011, 07:40 AM)
I wanted to post this earlier but I forgot to do so. On the iD L it has Tamatomo stamps that unlock new locations as you continue raising tamas. This way you had a goal to keep you busy. On the other versions raising many generations got you nothing.

Maybe instead of tamotomo stamps it could be something like this: Once you would get to a certian generation, new items,locations, games, and maybe even characters could become available. This way even after you raised many generations, you would still have new things to do.

Good idea! Maybe the idea about the tamagotchi that we are making is not to get themes, but tickets! Tickets that allow you access to all these other features, including new items, characters and games! I suppose, it would be rather similar to the 'Tamagotchi: Around the World' suggestion.
PME-mailWWW
Neo_Mametchi
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 08:15 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

You mean like the tickets on the Tamagotchi+Color that unlocked new locations? What was your idea on how they would be gotten?
PME-mail
hwd45
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 05:05 PM

Adult
Group Icon

QUOTE (Neo_Mametchi @ Sep 29 2011, 08:15 AM)
You mean like the tickets on the Tamagotchi+Color that unlocked new locations? What was your idea on how they would be gotten?

I was thinking about tickets that can be bought in the shop or online. Maybe they could be unlocked by using figures, too. The style of ticket I was thinking about is like on V3, V4 and Music Star.
PME-mailWWW
TMGCLover92
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 07:00 PM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,451

I liked on the V1 how each adult character had different foods, that was pretty cool. tsub-smile.gif
PME-mail
Piqutchi
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:06 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,876

QUOTE (hwd45 @ Sep 28 2011, 04:54 PM)
That is a long post. Your idea is great, but it would be pretty expensive! I'll put your other ideas up in a second.

Perhaps the idea would work better as a mobile app or 3DS/PSVita game. Then we wouldn't have to worry about losing money on it. D.gif
PME-mail
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1130 seconds | Archive