Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew Topic

Tama Profy first look
Tama-Star_Girl
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 03:56 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Researcher
Member No.: 23,708

I just got my purple Tama Profy yesterday and want to show it off to you guys. Since a few of us are getting Tama Profys, or thinking about it.

Design
Ok to start off, the design of the Tama Profy and box. I ordered mine off Hobby Link Japan, if any of you want to know.
Note: That the Tama Profy also has them little holes, I forgot the name of them, on the top right and bottom left of the Tama Profy. Just to add accessories or a strap.

Front of the box
user posted image

Back of the box
user posted image

Ok now, when I opened my Tama Profy's box I was happy to see this, Kizunatchi. I just thought to point this out, because it is really cute.
user posted image

Front of the Tama Profy (Sorry for the unclear photo)
user posted image

Back of the Tama Profy
user posted image

Size of the Tama Profy shown with a Tamagotchi iD L and Tamagotchi Music Star
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Setting up
When I started up my Tama Profy, and this is a warning, this is a Tama PROFILE, so you must answer some simple questions first.... in Japanese. For me it was hard, it took me about over an hour to finish it. But, for someone who doesn't know much Japanese, or any Japanese, please have a translator.

Because depending on your profile, depends on what main Tamagotchi you get. Its sometimes a bit random, but mostly based on your profile. The questions that are on the Tama Profy are name, favorite food (like sushi, cake, pie, choco), dislike food (like vegetates, mushrooms, bean paste), hobby, what do you like watching on TV, friends, personality, most favourite subject at school, most disliked subject at school, and dream job.

Also about the name, there is also Hiragana, Katakana and English, and only five letters of space.

Games and animation:
I very much enjoy the games on the Tama Profy, most of the games have very good animation like the Doki Doki Fishing game with Mametchi. Beside the games, on the time screen with Kizunatchi, she does many cute animation, as in flaps, playing on her ball, listening to music with her headphones, watching tv, etc.

I also made a video on three games on the Tama Profy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZqUAP8doaI
Sorry for the annoying creaking sound in the video, something is wrong with my camera.

Characters:
As I thought all the 32 characters on the Tama Profy were all from the Tamagotchi iD L, it appears I was wrong. If you got into Tama Profy and go next twice (by moving your finger from right to left), you will see Tamastetchi. She can not be played with, but IDK for sure if she is one of the 32 characters, or just a guest character like on the Tamagotchi iD L (The main person you see in the games area). The characters I know so far on the Tama Profy are Lovelitchi, Melodytchi, Mametchi, Kuchipatchi, Chamametchi, Kikitchi, Moriritchi, Kuromametchi, Makiko, Violetchi (Flowertchi), Gozarutchi, Maisutatchi (The main character I have) and Giragiratchi.

IDK if I should make a topic in Project Zone, helping on finding out the 32 characters on the Tama Profy. But there is a chance there might be a character chart in the new Tamagotchi Fan vol. 6, which binary has order. So he would just scan it or type it out and put it on Tama-Zone.

This post has been edited by Tama-Star_Girl on Nov 8 2011, 04:02 AM
PME-mailWWW
JackylinBarbossa
  Posted: Nov 8 2011, 04:03 AM

Child
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,323

Wow! That really looks great! Thank you for sharing!

~e
PME-mailWWW
WarOmnimon
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 06:09 AM

Wiseman
Group Icon

Group: Tamagotchi Wiseman
Member No.: 5,090

I was waiting for someone to make a thread on the Tama Profy, as I have found one of the passwords.
user posted image
This password comes from the McDonald's Happy Meal promotion. If I remember reading somewhere correctly, it unlocks Happyburgertchi's profile, or perhaps as a playable character.

On a personal note, after reading this description, I am so tempted to buy one now. I'll probably wait for a price drop or something, but I'm still going to get one somewhere down the road. Perhaps for my birthday coming up in March?
PME-mail
SamJJE101
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 06:50 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,807

Haha, the Tama Profy does look pretty awesome, I must admit. I would probably get one, if they didn't look so girly. :/
The ones in the Anime that Mametchi made initially were MUCH better, as they were Yellow. :3
PME-mailWWW MSN
Princess-Piggy
  Posted: Nov 8 2011, 02:02 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,907

Hi Tama-Star_Girl

the purple one is nice...mine is pink

can check...you know how to adjust the contrast of the tama profy...

I totally dun understand Jap...keep touch and touch the screen but not sure what is it about....
PM
Tama-Star_Girl
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 04:07 PM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

QUOTE (WarOmnimon @ Nov 8 2011, 09:09 AM)
I was waiting for someone to make a thread on the Tama Profy, as I have found one of the passwords.
user posted image
This password comes from the McDonald's Happy Meal promotion.  If I remember reading somewhere correctly, it unlocks Happyburgertchi's profile, or perhaps as a playable character.

On a personal note, after reading this description, I am so tempted to buy one now.  I'll probably wait for a price drop or something, but I'm still going to get one somewhere down the road.  Perhaps for my birthday coming up in March?

Oh thank you for the password, I have just tried it and it unlocked Happyburgertchi's profile. But like Tamastetchi, you can not play with him. As well, I think you should ignore about what I said about the characters. It appears I got Tamastetchi from a password, my bad. But I am still not 100% sure about the total playable 32 characters on the Tama Profy. But there is a high chance it will be the same characters from the Tamagotchi iD L.

Also there is a nice feature with the passwords, if you notice closely it is set out as a puzzle. You have to slide the blocks to match the password, or puzzle. Which I find a really nice feature.

IDK for should if I should start a topic on the passwords. But I will think about it.
EDIT: Made one - http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=25104

QUOTE (Princess-Piggy @ Nov 8 2011, 05:02 PM)
Hi Tama-Star_Girl

the purple one is nice...mine is pink

can check...you know how to adjust the contrast of the tama profy...

I totally dun understand Jap...keep touch and touch the screen but not sure what is it about....

You can change the contrast of the screen in settings found on the second page.

WARNING ABOUT SCREEN
Sorry that I did say anything before, but the screen on the Tama Profy does get scratched easy. I didn't say anything about it before, because will its a touchscreen, it can get scratched easy. But today I let one of my friend play with my Tama Profy, and after he finished, there were scratches all on front going down my screen. I know he didn't mean it, but I was very surprised to see it, seeing this scratched so easily. I don't even have long fingernail... and yet my Tama Profy has scratches all over it, and I have only had it for last then 48 hours.... I think it might be ever more worse than the Tama-Go's removable screen... which easily can get scratched.

This post has been edited by Tama-Star_Girl on Nov 8 2011, 05:17 PM
PME-mailWWW
TaMametchi
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 03:20 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,926

I was just wondering what is the main aim in the Tama Profy (e.g. in the TamaSuku you have to try having many students...) and
Is this difficult to play with it if you don't know japanese (however, I can read both katakana and hiragana), is this harder than the iD L ?

Thanks.
PM
-Ra-
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 07:33 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 503

I wonder if it would affect the touch-sensitivity if you put a screen protector on it?

Ra,
PMWWW
DeviantChild
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 08:41 AM

Child
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,767

Nice Tama Profy! I really like that purple color. Also, did the iD L 15th Anniversary Version come out too, or just the Tama Profy? It was hinted that one of them would come out early but it's not even halfway through the month yet! Oh well.

~DeviantChild~
PME-mail
Tama-Star_Girl
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 11:47 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

QUOTE (-Ra- @ Nov 9 2011, 10:33 AM)
I wonder if it would affect the touch-sensitivity if you put a screen protector on it?

Ra,

I have to tried that, I will see if it works later. IDK if I even have one big enough to fit my Tama Profy's screen. I only have ones for normal size Tamagotchi screens.

EDIT: I tried the one that the Tama Profy came with, with Kizunatchi on it, and it works fine.

QUOTE (TaMametchi @ Nov 9 2011, 06:20 AM)
I was just wondering what is the main aim in the Tama Profy (e.g. in the TamaSuku you have to try having many students...) and
Is this difficult to play with it if you don't know japanese (however, I can read both katakana and hiragana), is this harder than the iD L ?

Thanks.

The main aim for the Tama Profy is to collect all 120 Tama Hearts. To collect the hearts you can play games, connect with other Tama Profys, oh and I forgot to say this, the Tama Profy can NOT connect with a Tamagotchi iD L. Ok, you can also collect them easy by using the Melody Charm, which is also a game (But this game takes away a 1/3 of your Heart Power everytime you use it). Before you can play any game, you have to select a Tama-Friend to play with, it can be a built in Tama-Friend or a friend's profile you have entered into the Tama Profile. Each Tama-Friend has heart power, and if you use too much of the heart power using the Melody Charm game, the only way you can top it up, is to feed or give your Tama Friend Tama Hearts.

I would also like to point out the Kizunatchi feature. She you can not play with as a Tama Friend, she is more like your Tamagotchi pet on screen. She can also tell you important info on Tama Heart, you can also dress her up (Tama Mori), and give her items to play with. But items only have a once only use. Items and dresses are won when you complete a Tama Heart set, your bond with a Tama-Friend or friend goes to the next level, or your bond with Kizunatchi goes to the next level.

Kizunatchi knows so much about Tama Heart is because she is a part of it. Well what I mean is the legend of Tama Heart comes from Tama Sands, Tama Desert. It is also the place where Kizunatchi and Hatokamitchi come from. Hatokamitchi is the god of Tama Heart, and Kizunatchi... IDK for sure if Hatokamitchi is her master or father or what. But she is very close to him (ハートかみっちの使いらしく). I'm guessing Hatokamitchi is Kizunatchi's master, and she is a messenger from translation, but I am not sure.

About the difficultly of the Japanese on the Tama Profy, at the start yes. But its only the setting up profiles, and sometimes the mail I find hard. Other than that, its fine. Also yes, it is harder to understand than the Tamagotchi iD L.

QUOTE (DeviantChild @ Nov 9 2011, 11:41 AM)
Nice Tama Profy! I really like that purple color. Also, did the iD L 15th Anniversary Version come out too, or just the Tama Profy? It was hinted that one of them would come out early but it's not even halfway through the month yet! Oh well.

~DeviantChild~

The Tamagotchi iD L 15th Anniversary ver releases the 23th this month.

I have written down the profile list on paper and scaned it. I have translated some words but that is only what I know from my head.
user posted image
I haven't added the 3 quick fire questions, but from memory, one of this questions says "What do you like better? Cake or pie?". Also there is another question asking what is your best friend's name, after Dream Job.

If anyone can help translate this, please. I will try and translate the list later.

This post has been edited by Tama-Star_Girl on May 1 2012, 08:40 PM
PME-mailWWW
Neo_Mametchi
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 10:29 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Member No.: 18,742

For the screen what about using a Nintendo DS stylus? The original DS had a small stylus that would probably work better.
PME-mail
tamagotchi_freak_06
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 10:51 PM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

Member No.: 20,512

Thank you SOO much Tama-Star Girl this will help me when mine arrives HAPPYMIMITCHI.gif
PME-mailYIM
Princess-Piggy
  Posted: Nov 9 2011, 11:18 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,907

user posted image

Here the pink one...a bit pinky....
PM
evie_00
Posted: Nov 10 2011, 12:22 PM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,502

Wow, these Tama Profys look so cute! I may just have to get one after all!

Thanks for the show and tell, Katy--and for writing all those answers down! I'll get to work translating those. wink.gif

Evie
PME-mail
TaMametchi
Posted: Nov 11 2011, 04:16 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,926

@TSG : Here is what I have been able to translate with a dictionary since I do not speak japanese (however I can read both katakana and hiragana).

user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2871 seconds | Archive