Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) LockedNew Topic

USB IrDA Item Transfer Tutorial for iD L, Step-by-step instructions with photos!
JackylinBarbossa
  Posted: Nov 18 2011, 07:09 AM

Child
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,323

Allo, Everyone~

Okay! So! I finally got my USB IrDA dongle that I ordered off of eBay! It was cheap, and works great! And! After a few minutes of fiddling around, I finally figured out how to transfer items to my iD L with hardly any problems!

For those of you who might need some help, I have made a little tutorial on what I do to transfer. It doesn't work every time, but it does work more often than not! I have already transferred many things to my iD L in only a few minutes! It could change your mind on USB IrDA dongles, and save you money versus buying a phone with an infrared port!

If you want to get a USB IrDA dongle, I purchased mine from aaa_happy on eBay for less than $10 (with free shipping). It took a little over two weeks to get it, but it was worth the wait! Shipping times will vary, but this seller seems to know how long it generally takes. They e-mailed me with a time frame right after I purchased it, and shipped the item immediately.

Anyway, I hope my tutorial helps you out and is easy to follow! I did this on a Tamagotchi iD L, but I imagine it would pretty much be the same for some of the other Tamagotchis.

Have fun, and good luck! D.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: I was successfully able to do these same steps on Windows XP and Windows 7. On XP, I used the install disc provided, but I didn't even need it for Windows 7. I was able to simply plug-and-play, and it was operational after I rebooted the computer.

Now! Let's begin! :3

STEP 1:
Line up your Tamagotchi iD L's infrared port with your IrDA USB dongle.

STEP 2:
On your ID L, select the fourth icon, then select the fourth option (it means "Download").

user posted image

STEP 3:
At this point, your computer should detect your iD L (it will call it TMGC), so quickly hit the pop-up that appears
in your task bar in order to open the file transfer window. Do not hit Send on the transfer window yet.

user posted image

STEP 4:
The IR connection will probably have terminated by now, but leave the transfer window
open, and wait for the computer to acknowledge the disconnect before proceeding.

STEP 5:
(a) After your computer alerts you that the connection was terminated, select the item that you wish to
transfer to your iD L, then (b) hover your mouse pointer over the Send button to position yourself for the remaining steps.

user posted image

STEP 6:
Repeat STEP 1 and STEP 2.

STEP 7:
This time, when your computer sees your Tamagotchi, quickly hit the Send button!

STEP 8:
Your Tamagotchi should now receive the item!

user posted image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you aren't successful, no worries! Just wait for your computer to alert you that the connection was terminated, then try it again! It should be a piece of cake if you just leave the file transfer window open until you are through sending items to your iD L!

Get your speedy hands ready, and go for it! I hope you found this helpful! D.gif

~e
PME-mailWWW
klaun_666
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 10:54 AM

Babytchi
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,476

Thanks a lot for posting this tutorial.. I ordered one USB to IrDA as well, I hope mine could work as well as yours.. I'll try sending files to mi ID L the way you did.. Thanks again!! wink.gif
PME-mail
JackylinBarbossa
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 02:19 PM

Child
Group Icon

QUOTE (klaun_666 @ Dec 15 2011, 07:54 PM)
Thanks a lot for posting this tutorial.. I ordered one USB to IrDA as well, I hope mine could work as well as yours.. I'll try sending files to mi ID L the way you did.. Thanks again!! wink.gif

Hey!

You're very welcome! I hope it works out for you! Like I said, it seems great for me when I do it this way! It's not 100% perfect, but I haven't had the problems I've read about. tsub-smile.gif

Good luck with your IrDA! D.gif

~e
PME-mailWWW
erosia
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 04:50 PM

Babytchi
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,457

Can you only do one item at a time?
PME-mail
binary
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 09:35 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,317

QUOTE (erosia @ Jan 4 2012, 01:50 AM)
Can you only do one item at a time?

Regardless of how you connect to your Tamagotchi, it can receive only one item at a time. You have to activate the Download selection in the Connect menu for each item in turn.
PM
Rivada
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 12:31 PM

Child
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,555

Forgive me for my stupidity but will this ir stuff be transferable to the Tama Id pink x gold 'gotchi?

Just want to add that I got the same device from the same seller, last night! <3

This post has been edited by Rivada on Jan 11 2012, 08:34 AM
PME-mailWWW
binary
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 01:45 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,317

QUOTE (Rivada @ Jan 9 2012, 09:31 PM)
Forgive me for my stupidity but will this ir stuff be transferable to the Tama Id pink x gold 'gotchi?

Yes, the Tamagotchi-iD (with the pink & gold colour shell) can accept download items.

The method of beaming a download file across to the Tamagotchi is the same for both the Tamagotchi-iD and the Tamagotchi-iD L.

However, the Tamagotchi-iD and the Tamagotchi-iD L take different download files.

Download files for the Tamagotchi-iD are in these topics:
http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=22627
http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=24055
http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=23462
http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=23763
(Note: some of the older links to download file collections may be broken. Have a quick read through each of these topics, then work backwards from the newest post in each until you find a collection .zip or .rar file. If you can't find any working links, let me know, and I'll re-upload the collections.)

Download files for the Tamagotchi-iD L are in this topic:
http://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=24523
PM
Eva
  Posted: Jan 11 2012, 07:57 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 18,677

I thought of doing this too but can anybody tell me if a USB IrDA dongle will work with a Mac?
PME-mail
Djyellow22
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 04:44 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,723

QUOTE (Eva @ Jan 11 2012, 07:57 AM)
I thought of doing this too but can anybody tell me if a USB IrDA dongle will work with a Mac?

Well, some of them could work for Mac, you just have to look around EBay/Amazon and see if it supports Mac memetchi.gif
PME-mailYIM
*_Kuribotchi_
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 08:40 AM

Tama Zone High ranks

Group: Validating
Member No.: 24,296

Thank you so so so much for this guide! I've just purchased an USB IrDA Dongle off eBay! Same seller and model too! So excited, I cannot wait, after a year of owning an iD I will finally be able to download. tsub-smile.gif
PME-mail
Rivada
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 04:56 AM

Child
Group Icon

I just got the same irDA dongle, too! lol It took me over a year to catch up with this series but I suppose it's convenient as far as all the solved meals+games+downloads go!

Also - thank u for answering my question. I have since been transferring goodies to my 'gotchi via the station!
PME-mailWWW
Lauratchi
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 05:38 AM

Child
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,482

Hello, hope its not late to answer.

I went to ebay to the shop you wrote:

aaa_happy

And the seller has 3 Infrared USB.

Wich one should i buy??

Look;

http://www.ebay.com/sch/aaa_happy/m.html?_...4&_sop=15&_sc=1

Whats the diferences between them??

This post has been edited by Lauratchi on Jan 21 2012, 05:44 AM
PME-mail
JackylinBarbossa
  Posted: Jan 24 2012, 04:25 AM

Child
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lauratchi @ Jan 20 2012, 02:38 PM)
Hello, hope its not late to answer.

I went to ebay to the shop you wrote:

aaa_happy

And the seller has 3 Infrared USB.

Wich one should i buy??

Look;

http://www.ebay.com/sch/aaa_happy/m.html?_...4&_sop=15&_sc=1

Whats the diferences between them??

Hey, Lauratchi!

I'm so sorry I didn't replay sooner ... been dealing with life and such. You know how that goes ...

Anyway! Hm, I only see two on that page. I don't see the one that I had. Honestly, I don't think there is any difference other than the outer casing, but ask the seller to be sure!

Cosmetically, though, mine looks like a smaller version of this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IrDA-Infrared-IR-W...3#ht_5192wt_932

And it was offered in black, so I just asked for that since I have a black netbook.

The link to the one I purchased is here:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...E:X:AAQ:CA:1123

Maybe ask if they have more?

Ah! I hope I helped in any way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for klaun_666, _Kuribotchi_, Rivada, erosia, and any others that have come to this tutorial for help, I am really glad that I could assist you all.

Thank you, binary and Djyellow22 for helping to answer everyone's questions!

~e
PME-mailWWW
Rivada
Posted: Jan 28 2012, 01:11 PM

Child
Group Icon

I just got my device - you were right, they are slow to send. And I wanted to comment here for anyone else fussing with this and Windows 7. Unlike the original poster, my device did NOT automatically update with the necessary drivers. I had to go into device manager, find the irda device and click something like "search Windows online for a driver". If anyone else has a hassle like this please PM me and I will gladly retrace my steps with you to get it working.

Jacklyn - when I hit "send" nothing happens. Do you have any tricks or tips? I can't get files to send over.

UPDATE: got it to work! The trick is to wait for the sound on the PC that your connected tama has been loaded - then rather than clicking "send" I just double click the item in the window and this seems to work better.

THANK YOU! MORE GAMES!

This post has been edited by Rivada on Jan 28 2012, 01:51 PM
PME-mailWWW
JackylinBarbossa
  Posted: Jan 28 2012, 03:17 PM

Child
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rivada @ Jan 27 2012, 10:11 PM)
I just got my device - you were right, they are slow to send. And I wanted to comment here for anyone else fussing with this and Windows 7. Unlike the original poster, my device did NOT automatically update with the necessary drivers. I had to go into device manager, find the irda device and click something like "search Windows online for a driver". If anyone else has a hassle like this please PM me and I will gladly retrace my steps with you to get it working.

Jacklyn - when I hit "send" nothing happens. Do you have any tricks or tips? I can't get files to send over.

UPDATE: got it to work! The trick is to wait for the sound on the PC that your connected tama has been loaded - then rather than clicking "send" I just double click the item in the window and this seems to work better.

THANK YOU! MORE GAMES!

Ah! Great! Mine installed on Windows 7 on its own, so I'm sorry you had a bit more trouble. But! I'm so glad you got it working for your computer!

Thank you for posting more tips to this as well! D.gif

~e
PME-mailWWW
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Pages: (2) [1] 2  LockedNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0651 seconds | Archive