Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew Topic

Umino & Ocean Hatch
evie_00
Posted: May 12 2012, 05:49 AM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,502

user posted image

It's almost 4PM, here, so I figured I'd go ahead and start this topic, even though mirukucha is the original hatch host.

PARTICIPANTS:
user posted image Mirukucha
user posted image Evie_00
user posted image Beagee
user posted image SamJJE101
user posted image TamaKisser
user posted image SadFiend
user posted image Calyssa
user posted image Debirutchi
user posted image AdraC
user posted image Cewibi

Participants! Here is your choice of buttons!

user posted image
CODE
[url=http://tinyurl.com/bn4dhao][img]http://i.imgur.com/yNNEc.png[/img][/url]

user posted image
CODE
[url=http://tinyurl.com/bn4dhao][img=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/rikku_abdul/IDONTALWAYS.jpg[/img][/url]

user posted image
CODE
[url=http://tinyurl.com/bn4dhao][img=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/rikku_abdul/ISEEYOURE.jpg[/img][/url]

Let the hatch begin! lol2.gif

Evie
PME-mail
mirukucha
Posted: May 12 2012, 07:05 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,556

Thanks dear! I had to do some stuff this morning and wasn't able to post :>
PMWWW
Debirutchi
Posted: May 12 2012, 09:13 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,909

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale..."

Hopefully THIS ocean voyage won't end up with anyone being shipwrecked, but as Evie pointed out earlier, there may be some unexpected deaths... Kuragetchi.gif

Acting as the obsessive Capt. Ahab of this hatch, I will be chasing the great tamagotchi whale, Kujiratchi!! He has escaped me at every turn, but hopefully that tricky fishy (well, I guess he's actually a mammal) will finally be MINE! Muahahahahahahah! crackertchismiley.gif

I am a little worried that the batteries may give out on me this hatch, as I don't remember when I last replaced them on my umino...

I untabbed my blue Umino and was greeted by the teen characters swimming by...
user posted imageuser posted image

This one is my favorite, though I usually only get Otototchi. I'm going to use my pause trick to try to avoid having to discipline so much....

I set the clock, and 5 minutes later a bouncing egg in the sweet soda Tamagotchi ocean hatched into a little piece of plankton!

I'm trying out my new transparent blue Ocean hard case for this hatch. I'm a big fan! It makes it look even more seaworthy.

This guy is crazy needy. He only called out for care once, so I was a pretty good care taker. No snacks, just games, a couple octopus attacks, and plenty of boiled oden!

An hour later and I got myself a cute, but still needy and INCREDIBLY DEATH PRONE kuragetchi! He looks so sweet. That must be why the polar bear wants to eat him up!

Let's see how it goes...Good luck on the hatch, everyone!! Hopefully we all make it through to adulthood!!!

This post has been edited by Debirutchi on May 12 2012, 09:16 AM
PME-mail
Cewibi
Posted: May 12 2012, 06:19 PM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,534

Love your post, Debirutchi, but now I can't stop picturing you as Patrick Stewart from the Moby Dick TV mini-series. xD

I was so happy to receive my Umino in time for this hatch! Here she is in all her Tama glory:
user posted image

I untabbed my new Tama, set the date, and soon found a cute little egg in my possession.
user posted image

After a few minutes of waiting, an adorable Planktontchi burst from the egg, and I decided to name him Krusty.

An expression of simple innocence. So cute!
user posted image

Although tiny, Krusty had a bottomless pit of a stomach and went to town chowin' down.
user posted image

As fast as I could fill Krusty's hunger meter, it would empty itself again.
user posted image

Keeping up with Krusty's appetite was quite a task, and I decided to try and distract him from his hunger with a few rounds of games. (If nothing else, I figured this would at least give ME a little break.)
user posted image

For awhile, Krusty was on a winning streak, and things were going great...
user posted image

...but his mood got ugly as soon as he hit a losing round.
user posted image

Luckily, I was able to calm Krusty's anger with a gargantuan ice-cream cone.
user posted image

When we finished up at the Games, Krusty went back to calling for more and more food. Just as I was starting to think he couldn't possibly get any more demanding, sickness struck.
user posted image

Poor Krusty had to be pumped with dose after dose of medication before he got better. I suspect it was a mildly traumatic experience.
user posted image

I left Krusty alone to rest but soon heard frantic beeps coming from his direction. Fearing the worst, I rushed to see what was the matter. Much to my surprise and delight (and relief), I discovered he had grown into a healthy Kuragetchi.

Krusty must have been exhausted. He went to bed before I even got a chance to snap his picture. Oh well...maybe tomorrow!
user posted image
PME-mail
mirukucha
Posted: May 13 2012, 07:34 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Not much to say here, other than my jelly is doing well and needy as hell. I'm going to try for Ningyotchi again, so hopefully I will get her this time around.

user posted image

More to come once he becomes a teen.
PMWWW
SadFiend
Posted: May 13 2012, 07:56 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,698

Sorry I'm late! But I did start my Umino in time!

I can't believe I joined the Umino hatch! This guy is so needy!

Debirutchi: I thought the same! And I had at least to send my V5 Kuchipa Family on a long trip around the world, or I couldn't ever join the hatch, with needy Genjintch running and Umino hatch coming up...
And how come we chose the same Umino shell?? We really do have similar tastes here... And I'm using a blue hard case too XD

I decided not to hatch my usual purple seethrough Umino this time, because the buttons are quite soft and you have to figure out how to press them to see any result.
So I decided to untab the blue Umino with blue splashes - it's my first hatch with this one, and there's a little story about how I got it... I'll put it at the end of the post so that if you don't want to read it you can skip the whole thing tsub-smile.gif

user posted image

Sorry for the odd light in pics, tomorrow I won't take them in the bright sunlight at 3pm in a 30C day, I promise!

So I had five minutes to prepare my mind and soul to the challenge, then I heard the happy beeping and Planktontchi was there, calling for some attention!

user posted image

I patiently stuffed him with one meal after another and played a lot of games for a whole hour - I'm not going to feed icecream, not even once, until we reach adult stage.

As Planktontchi got sick, I had to give him medicine about 4 or 5 times - and I was getting a bit worried but it looks like it's normal (i couldn't remember this point, Cewibi's post made confirmation).

And so we reached child stage without problems: the super-needy Kuragetchi's here!

user posted image

Am I the only one who thinks he's cute? Kuragetchi.gif
No, I see Debirutchi agrees... he's the most feared Umino character of all times, and he makes me unable to do anything else but check on him... But I LOVE my little squid!! XD
There, it could be a new slogan for a next Umino hatch in the future haha.gif

Anyway, I did my best with feeding and playing, forgot about icecreams quite firmly (lol), saved him from Polar Bear every time he showed up today.
Unfortunatedly, I forgot about Kura-chan going to bed at 7pm, so he fell asleep with his stomach full, but with three empty hearts on happiness...
Well I guess I'll have to jump out of bed tomorrow morning...either for that, or for the bear.

This is my first day with Kuragetchi, I promise bigger and better pics for my next update.
Can't wait to see all the others' progresses - it looks like we're doing well so far, but this was the easy part!
Bye! (^o^)/

(My 2nd Umino story - how I got it: years ago the youngest of my two younger brothers saw me play with purple Umino, and said he wanted one little fish too. I warned him that it was better to buy a P1 or P2, because Umino was expensive, needy, and not suited for my 13-years-old impatient, feisty bro. He didn't change his mind and got one on eBay. At that time my collector fever was not as "high" as it is now, so I watched the whole thing with a certain detachment. My brother got his Umino, run it a couple of times, but never got past child or teen stage - surprise! - I tried to help him of course, but he soon got tired of Umino and left him in a shelf - he's more on the Nintendo side of things D.gif A couple of months ago it suddenly came to my mind there was another Umino somehwere in my house! We had just got the interiors completely renewed, so most of the electronics were still in carton boxes.
I'm sure you can picture me and my bro - but mostly me XD - rummaging in those boxes to find blue Umino - and we found it! My bro said that if we'd find it, he would give it to me as a present for my collection. I love my brother! XD Well he always gives a look at my progresses on current tamas, and right now he's unexpectedly interested in Genjintch - so yeah, this is the story of how I got my second Umino, and for free XD)
PME-mailMSN
evie_00
Posted: May 13 2012, 09:14 AM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,502

Why, hello, all! Sorry this is a bit late; I don't have any excuse besides laziness, unfortunately. lol2.gif

Anyhow.

user posted image

I untabbed my Umino and watched the teen Tamagotches swim around a bit. I've never gotten Kingyotchi; perhaps I'll get one this run?

I then proceeded to set the time and watch the little egg bobbing in the waves. Which proved to be boring. Very boring. So I turned my attention instead towards the attached charm for the mean time.

user posted image

I thought this would be perfect for the Umino hatch, so I attached it to the keychain. Before you ask, no I did not make this. I don't think I'm capable of such things, LOL. This is something my friend Liz sent me. (Thank you, Tamakisser! It's adorable!)

Then there came a beeping...

And thus, a Planktontchi was born! I shall dub thee Ponyo! :3

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I fed my hungry Umino 'Gotch some food, and we then got down to the very serious business of treasure hunting! We failed to find much, but it was entertaining enough for Ponyo, anyway. wink.gif

And after much fun and games and song and dance, Ponyo evolved into a lovely Kuragetchi, and fell asleep soon after. Kuragetchi.gif

user posted image

Here's a pic of her today, staring at me through her case. We've been inked at least five times and I've accidentally fed her three ice cream cones. It took four shots to cure her when she was sick; I'm hoping for the best, anyway. I've fended off many polar bear attacks, but I've missed a few. So far, though, all is well at sea!

Now Ponyo is sleeping, resting up for tomorrow's ventures--which will likely entail hounding me to no end with cries of "FEED ME" and "PLAY WITH ME." It's a good thing she's cute, I tell you.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading. Great hatch so far, all! I hope everybody has an ink-free evening that is blessed with protection from polar bears. May you find many treasures!

'Til next time, everyone! :3

Evie
PME-mail
SamJJE101
Posted: May 13 2012, 02:43 PM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,807

Loving the entries so far, fellow hatchers! I wonder if anyone will run an Amber Umino, or even an American Ocean? We've already got over half of the hatchers logging, but I really hope we can get everyone! Sorry that my first entry is a little late; I unexpectedly had work on both Friday and Saturday, but I had some time to start up my little guy today. tsub-smile.gif

This will be my very first time running and Umino Tamagotchi, and I only received this one in the mail about a week ago. I'm very excited to start this one up; I know he's infamous for being one of the hardest to care for, but I feel I'm up for the challenge. I'm not really aiming for anyone yet, I'm just going to see how far I can get (hopefully Adult stage!).

Enough of my ramblings, here is the Umino that I'm going to be running! I'll also be using my Ocean Blue Hard Case.

user posted image

I removed him from his packaging, placed him in his protective shell (unfortunately, this doesn't ward off Polar Bears. :/) and started him up! After inputting the time, I was left with a little ocean-locked egg.

user posted image

After the standard 5 minutes, a little Planktontchi appeared! I really love this little guy; mainly because he's just so little! :3

user posted image

I decided to name him Nami, which is Japanese for Wave. I quickly fed Nami up, making sure to avoid the malicious ice-creams of death. We also decided to head off and find some treasure! We had luck sometimes, and other times we found nothing at all.

user posted image

Rarely, we even found 5 Treasure Chests in a row! What luck!

user posted image

After our little hunt, we decided to just swim back home for a while. Nami just loves his little space of ocean! It lets him feel like he belongs.

user posted image
All protected from the outside world... sort of. smiley-P.gif

We continued to search for treasure, and all of a sudden, we got inked! We must have discovered an Octopus' little space of ocean. Oops! Not to worry, we made sure to clean our ocean of it's toxic ink and all was restored to normal. Poor Nami must have sucked some of the ink in though, for shortly after, he fell dreadfully ill!

user posted image

It took four doses of medicine to cure the poor little guy. But sure enough, he was back to being his happy old self in no time. tsub-smile.gif

We were just about to go back out treasure hunting, when something came over Nami; no, he wasn't sick, he was evolving! In a matter of moment, my tiny little Planktontchi was replaced with Kuragetchi - and might I say, I didn't realize just how BIG this guy is, especially compared to little Planktontchi.

user posted image

Well, that's all for this entry. I'll be sure to update whenever anything noteworthy happens. Until then, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled both on my Umino to prevent any Polar Bear attacks, but also on the hatch to see what other adventures your little sea creatures get up to. Thanks for reading! Kuragetchi.gif
PME-mailWWW MSN
Cewibi
Posted: May 13 2012, 09:47 PM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,534

@Evie and SamJJ: We all have matching Tama shells! O.o

Yesterday went well for Krusty; in other words, he is still alive this morning. (Knock on wood.)

I woke up in the morning to find that Krusty had a little accident overnight. (It happens to the best of us.)
user posted image

Not only does Krusty go to bed early, but he wakes up early, too! Here he is refreshed and ready for a new day.
user posted image user posted image

Like everyone else, my Kuragetchi is extremely demanding. Even after a hearty breakfast, Krusty constantly demanded more food.
user posted image

I had also been feeding Krusty an occasional ice-cream cone throughout the day, but after reading everyone's posts, I'm starting to wonder if maybe this isn't such a good idea. I wonder, what is it that makes them so volatile? They do seem to make his weight increase quite a bit. Does that make him more prone to becoming sick?
user posted image

Krusty works off the aforementioned weight and gets increased happiness in the process. (He loves being a winner!)

Krusty did seem prone to falling ill and had to endure many doses of medication. (Could this be because of all the ice-cream? I'm such a bad Tama parent...)

Something else I noticed: Kuragetchi seems to be in constant need of a scolding.

Krusty pouts after being reprimanded.
user posted image

We managed to avoid all the hungry bears, and Krusty was able to sleep peacefully through the night.
user posted image

Here's hoping Krusty will get to see the end of another day!
PME-mail
Calyssa
Posted: May 13 2012, 10:31 PM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,525

I worked a long shift yesterday, I wasn't able to upload pictures or post anything, but anyways, here is my Ocean in Egg, Baby and Childhood Stage tsub-smile.gif

I wanted to start up either my red or purple Umino, but I had no desire to look through all my boxes to find them, so I just grabbed the US Ocean which was still on top of a box, waiting for me to insert batterys and play it!

user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image

And here's my Ocean in an Angelcase, thought it looks cute together D.gif
user posted image

This post has been edited by Calyssa on May 13 2012, 11:29 PM
PME-mailWWW
Debirutchi
Posted: May 14 2012, 01:07 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Wow! I finally saw the secret screen at 5:05 this morning! It was pretty cool! I turned on the Umino's light at 4:59 AM and just left it on. In a few minutes, I saw a carp flag flying in the center (no swimming). It didn't last long, because when I came back with my camera, it was gone! Maybe one of us can get a chance to photograph it later this hatch! Kuragetchi.gif
PME-mail
Tamakisser
Posted: May 14 2012, 01:54 AM

Tama Zone High ranks
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,616

Sorry all I meant to hatch on Friday!!! Is it alright if I hatch after my work shift tonight? Thank you!!
Love all the posts, I skimmed but later I will be reading them all! Can't wait to join you!
PME-mail
tamagotchi_freak_06
Posted: May 14 2012, 02:06 AM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

Group: Researcher
Member No.: 20,512

LOVING all the entries so far...

And Evie, SUPER COOL signature buttons. They made me laugh soo hard...
PME-mailYIM
mirukucha
Posted: May 14 2012, 02:36 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tamakisser @ May 13 2012, 08:54 AM)
Sorry all I meant to hatch on Friday!!! Is it alright if I hatch after my work shift tonight? Thank you!!
Love all the posts, I skimmed but later I will be reading them all! Can't wait to join you!

Of course! D.gif
PMWWW
Debirutchi
Posted: May 14 2012, 03:48 AM

Adult
Group Icon

Here's some delayed updates...

Moby (my little Kuragetchi) and I are enjoying our time in the Seltzer sea today, with plenty of food and treasure hunting.

Sometimes we find sunken treasure, which makes little Moby very happy!

When I ask him what he plans to do with all this gold, he gets angry with me and sprays out a little bit of greasy squid-ink! How can he do this, he's a jellyfish??

Well, I guess it is a hard life here in the Tamagotchi Ocean, so having a little edge probably is a good thing...

We got inked by the octopus at least 10 times: isn't it so funny how the attacks seem to come in spurts? You'll go hours without any, and then get 3 within a couple minutes. I wonder if there is a code to crack here...or is it all random?

I've read that you have to miss 2 discipline calls to get Kingyotchi, so I've missed at least 3. I am worried that maybe this is too much, as Moby has been sick at least 3 times so far. No successful polar bear bites, though. AND NO SNACKS!! Too bad though, I love looking at the ice-cream cones. Moby really, really, really wants one. I told him that if he turns into a whale, I promise he can have all the ice cream he wants. tsub-smile.gif

Above were his stats after he went to bed last night...Sleep tight, Moby!

Kuragetchi.gif
PME-mail
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1252 seconds | Archive