Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
Pages: (20) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew Topic

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E.???, The next thing for Bandai US?
+Mametchi+
  Posted: May 26 2012, 03:17 PM

Adult
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,739

While I was searching the web I came across this news:
http://www.licensing.biz/news/9081/Bandai-...tchis-US-return

I wonder what Bandai US is planning. I really hope they make good choices with Tamagotchi this time and bring COLOR!!! Anyways... Since these plans are early maybe we can have our opinions heard. I want the United States Tamagotchi to be like the Japanese series.

So, any thoughts on the new stuff?
PME-mail
tamatomo
Posted: May 26 2012, 03:38 PM

Child
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,786

THIS IS SOOO EXCITING!!!!!
Sorry for caps. I'm just so Excited!!!
I just cannot wait for Tamagotchi L.I.F.E.!!!
Love is fun everywhere!! And, it sounds like Tamagotchi! the anime might finally come to the USA too!!! lol2.gif haha.gif D.gif 00.gif
PM
Tama-Star_Girl
Posted: May 26 2012, 04:09 PM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Researcher
Member No.: 23,708

I'm surprised, but it sucks that Tamagotchi is more girl-er in America now. But I wonder, this from the background of the logo:
user posted image
Vintage background, cute. I guess this Tamagotchi was meant to release around the time of the Tamagotchi 15th Anniversary, don't you think?

Its nice to see a new American Tamagotchi, but I had a bad feeling it might be like the Tama-Go. I hope not. I found slight more information here: http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20120522006230/en

Also.. after looking for more information of this new Tamagotchi, I keep coming across the 2009 Tamagotchi! anime poster, as you all know of Lovelitchi, and Mametchi jumping, with other characters and TamaX-TV in the background. I wonder if the anime is also going to release as well. It was meant to release with the Tama-Go, but that didn't happen.

P.S. When I first saw the title of this topic, I was thinking of the Tamagotchi V4, boy was I wrong. haha.gif
PME-mailWWW
SamJJE101
Posted: May 26 2012, 07:10 PM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,807

First of all, I'm just going to voice my excitement for this news. I've been holding out for the announcement of another US Tamagotchi. I was really hoping that the Tama-Go wouldn't be their last effort, especially with the 15th anniversary being passed last year. tsub-smile.gif

I'm loving the logo. While some may say, "It's pink, it's girly", I'd like to remind everyone of the original 1996 Tamagotchi Logo.

user posted image

See the resemblance? I don't think Bandai are moving in a more "girly" direction with the logo, I think that they're drawing back in the vintage era, as apposed to the Modern Connection era. The background with characters such as Maskutchi and Gunjirotchi, as well as vintage sprites of Mametchi and Kuchipatchi, also supports this.

While a little cheesy, I think the new L.I.F.E. motto is great. I also prefer the name "Tamagotchi Life" to that of say "Tamagotchi Music Star" or "TamaTown Tama-Go". It's more... genuine.

I'm just looking forward to hearing more about this Tamagotchi brand. All we really know so far is that Bandai are going above and beyond with the promotion of this release, including a whole range of apparel and other merchandise, as well as the US release of the Tamagotchi! Anime.

The Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. brand will be showcased at the upcoming Licensing Expo 2012 in June. The Tamagotchi brand will be shown in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center from June 12th to June 14th. It looks like a very official event, so only certain people will be able to attend, so let's hope that somebody takes a liking to the brand and shares it with the rest of the world, and all of us Tamagotchi fans. June 12th can't come soon enough!

As you can tell, I'm definitely keeping an open mind for this release. Here's to hoping this will mark Tamagotchi's brave return to mainstream popularity, and more importantly, Bandai US's return to making great Tamagotchi. D.gif

EDIT: @Tama-Star_Girl: I don't really think this was meant to be released last year. I think that they've only just planned to release this, as Bandai America said that they had no plans to release any Tamagotchi in March of this year. Looks like they were either keeping secrets, or changed their mind due to popularity of the product.

Also, this is my favorite of the two logos, http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediase...id=4&download=1 It's almost a combination of the Vintage and Modern logos; the pink from the Vintage, and the Yellow Inside from the Modern. tsub-smile.gif

Oh, and this should probably be in Tamagotchi News. Maybe when we get more information, this can be moved.

This post has been edited by SamJJE101 on May 26 2012, 08:06 PM
PME-mailWWW MSN
year7afrokid
Posted: May 26 2012, 07:55 PM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,061

I'm happy to see Tamagotchi come back but I am a bit worried on where America will go with this, hopefully they will decided to make merchandise like Japan has but the logo seems a bit less future of tamagotchi and into a new concept than I would like to have it be ( but what do I know)To be honest I never really liked this logo compared to the others I much preferred the English Japanese logos like on the idl to this one. Also i hope this might mean that they will re launch the anime ( hopefully acknowledge the number of views and thoughts of Australian viewers ) with new and better voice actors that actually have expirence like in the movie which was spot on to the anime voices in Japanese.

Now that I think of it that is probably why bandai only released the anime and such little episodes to Australia to see how popular it would be ( australia is known for being a testing ground for new products on the market ) but keeping it at an early time so it is not completely known that way they can say its brand new I really hope they did pay attention though and will keep the jap intros for it to be a traditional anime.

and @samjje I don't think so by the look of it I'm pretty sure they are still aiming it to girls.

Edit: I swear if they decided to make a new tamagotchi ver ( seems like they are only making merchandise) it better be in colour or I will be so angry!!!!!

This post has been edited by year7afrokid on May 26 2012, 11:14 PM
PME-mail
-HelloKitty-
  Posted: May 26 2012, 08:58 PM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 25,594

I'm so excited! this news is fantastic, hopefully soon have more concrete information about plans to bandai, tamagotchi in life sounds good jump.gif
PME-mail
binary
Posted: May 26 2012, 09:38 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,317

+Mametchi+, thank you for finding and sharing this great news!

PM
evie_00
Posted: May 26 2012, 11:10 PM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,502

This is really exciting! I'm anxious to see what they've come up with! memetchi.gif

Evie
PME-mail
Violetchilluvr3
Posted: May 26 2012, 11:51 PM

Adult
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,951

I can't believe it! After our waiting! ^_^

Did we get a release date at all? (Obviously a very approximate date)

I really hope this is going to be like the days of the V3 and V4 where having a Tamagotchi was the coolest things... (Or, if you're old enough to remember the P1 and P2 days I'm sure they were just as Kool-Kid, but I personally am not old enough to remember tsub-smile.gif ) It sounds like it will be, from the range of STUFF they're making!

Imagine when we were all cool first... Hehe wink2.gif
PME-mail
SamJJE101
Posted: May 27 2012, 01:00 AM

Tama Zone Superstars
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,807

No, there hasn't yet been a release date announced for the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. brand. I image we'll find out more about this (and possibly a rough release date) when the brand is being showcased at the Las Vegas Licensing Expo in June.

Just pointing this out, to my knowledge, a new Tamagotchi itself hasn't actually been announced. Only the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. brand (a lifestyle brand, consisting of Apparel, Domestics, Furnishings, Gifts & Novelties, Health & Beauty and Publishing, as well apps and the US release of the Tamagotchi! Anime) has been announced.

In saying that, according to the official Licensing Expo 2012 website, the products that Bandai America will be showcasing are referenced under the categories of "Characters/Animation" and "Digital Media/Gaming (video games, digital content, apps)". So, while there technically has been no Tamagotchi announced, this sounds like the 'Lifestyle' type products might not be shown at this event, and the physical electronic component might. This is just how I understand it, however.

I'm hoping that this new Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. brand will include a new Tamagotchi somewhere along the line (I don't see why Bandai America would focus on all of this Tamagotchi merchandise and disregard the actual product altogether), but I guess we'll just have to wait until the Expo to learn more, or until the next piece of information is revealed. tsub-smile.gif

This post has been edited by SamJJE101 on May 27 2012, 01:42 AM
PME-mailWWW MSN
year7afrokid
Posted: May 27 2012, 01:57 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Member No.: 24,061

QUOTE (SamJJE101 @ May 27 2012, 01:00 AM)
No, there hasn't yet been a release date announced for the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. brand. I image we'll find out more about this (and possibly a rough release date) when the brand is being showcased at the Las Vegas Licensing Expo in June.

Just pointing this out, to my knowledge, a new Tamagotchi itself hasn't actually been announced. Only the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. brand (a lifestyle brand, consisting of Apparel, Domestics, Furnishings, Gifts & Novelties, Health & Beauty and Publishing, as well apps and the US release of the Tamagotchi! Anime) has been announced.

In saying that, according to the official Licensing Expo 2012 website, the products that Bandai America will be showcasing are referenced under the categories of "Characters/Animation" and "Digital Media/Gaming (video games, digital content, apps)". So, while there technically has been no Tamagotchi announced, this sounds like the 'Lifestyle' type products might not be shown at this event, and the physical electronic component might. This is just how I understand it, however.

I'm hoping that this new Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. brand will include a new Tamagotchi somewhere along the line (I don't see why Bandai America would focus on all of this Tamagotchi merchandise and disregard the actual product altogether), but I guess we'll just have to wait until the Expo to learn more, or until the next piece of information is revealed. tsub-smile.gif

When did they say the tamagotchi anime will be out in the us they just wrote that there would be webisodes and such who knows they might come up with their own animation by the looks of the logo
PME-mail
^-^TamaTamatchi!!!
Posted: May 27 2012, 02:05 AM

Tama Zone Greats
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,888

It's been awhile since I got into contact, but this seems legit to them, this topic is going to go wild just like the Tama-Go!

My Concerns are:

- As Tama-Star_Girl stated out, I hope they dont make it girl or else I might want to buy a crotchet for it, but also SamJJE101 stated out that it problay might be like the 15th Anniversary version, they're bring the back the old tamagotchi but with better features:

On behalf of Bandai Co., Ltd., Sync Beatz Entertainment plans on implementing a comprehensive marketing program for an extensive line of Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. products in key categories including Apparel, Domestics, Furnishings, Gifts & Novelties, Health & Beauty and Publishing in the United States.

- As you could see, it clearly stated that there will be furnishing in it, so this could be like the iD L/iD/15th Anni/Princess Spacy.

- Also, Bandai looks like they're teaming up with Sync Beat Entertainment to relaunch tamagotchi and make more versions often, although I wanted to buy Japanese versions, i'm going to be working my butt off for both. LOL.

- If you look closely:

Among the key drivers supporting the brand launch will be a range of digital media, including apps and Webisodes, providing a whole new level of interactivity and social media connection for Tamagotchi fans all over the world. The agency is reviewing several prospective apps including role-playing, strategy puzzle and other genres of casual games based on the characters of the original Tamagotchi property. It is also looking at multiple genres for its Webisodes, including live action and animation, which will provide a unique focus on fashion, lifestyle and cultural trends relevant to consumers.

It seems that Bandai and Sync Beat Entertainment are taking tamagotchi to the next level. I mean "digitial media, apps, Webisodes, providing a whole new level of interactiving and social media connection for Tamagotchi fans all over the world." They're really not updating tamagotchi but theyre merchandise! Although I've never owned an iD L, but what do you guys expect for the future? Tamagotchi L.I.F.E or iD/iD L/15th Anni/Princess Spacy? tsub-smile.gif

EDIT: From I just read from Sam, what I understand that, those features (not the merchandise) will be in the tamagotchi.

This post has been edited by ^-^TamaTamatchi!!! on May 30 2012, 03:27 AM
PME-mail
WarOmnimon
Posted: May 27 2012, 03:34 AM

Wiseman
Group Icon

Group: Tamagotchi Wiseman
Member No.: 5,090

Great find, +Mametchi+! This just really made my whole year, considering that like most of the others here I was worried about having to import Japanese Tamas from now on. And in my case, that's not an option most of the time due to costs, shipping, etc.

I for one cannot wait to see where they take this new concept. (iPhone remakes of vintage Tamas... make it happen Bandai. tsub-smile.gif )
PME-mail
evie_00
Posted: May 27 2012, 03:38 AM

Tama Zone Legends
Group Icon

Member No.: 23,502

QUOTE (^-^TamaTamatchi!!! @ May 26 2012, 12:05 PM)
On behalf of Bandai Co., Ltd., Sync Beatz Entertainment plans on implementing a comprehensive marketing program for an extensive line of Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. products in key categories including Apparel, Domestics, Furnishings, Gifts & Novelties, Health & Beauty and Publishing in the United States.

- As you could see, it clearly stated that there will be furnishing in it, so this could be like the iD L/iD/15th Anni/Princess Spacy.

No, that's nothing to do with the Tamagotchi itself. Sync Beatz Entertainment is just going to be branching out into all of those categories--Apparel, Domestics, Furnishings, Gifts & Novelties, Health & Beauty and Publishing. They haven't even specifically mentioned the Tamagotchi yet...

But I believe they're thinking of doing something very different, here. I've almost got a bad feeling they're thinking of making it more universal, meaning the closest you can get to an actual Tamagotchi will be a video game or an app. I really, really hope I'm wrong, but they haven't mentioned anything about the Tamagotchi itself, and I think that may be where they're headed.

That's really the way it's become in Japan, too. Honestly, this all started with the toy, but now it's everywhere, and the toys seem to be reflecting the show, not the other way around. We may remember how this all started, but now the toys themselves seem to be just another aspect of the franchise.

Evie
PME-mail
-Ra-
Posted: May 27 2012, 03:48 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 503

Wow! This is certainly such a huge surprise. I'm glad Bandai America decided to get back in the Tamagotchi scene. It would have been such a shame if they had died down with the Tama-Go having been their last effort. tsub-smile.gif

Ra,
PMWWW
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Pages: (20) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0798 seconds | Archive