Tama Zone Home
Tama Zone News
Welcome to Tama Zone, the forum for serious Tamagotchi fans! If you're new, please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules, and be sure to check out all our Resources!

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tama Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

PLEASE SUPPORT TAMA-ZONE BY VOTING
  ReplyNew Topic

Good stores to visit for Tamagotchi in Japan?, Taking a trip in a couple months
1upsuper
Posted: Jan 13 2013, 04:00 PM

Babytchi
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,386

Hi, not sure if this is the best place for this, but it pertains to Japanese Tamagotchi. I'm taking a trip to Japan in a couple months, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with buying Tamagotchi while in Japan? I'm going to be all over Tokyo. Are there any dedicated Tamagotchi shops or anything like that? Also, what sorts of stores carry them? I'll be looking to buy a P and possibly an ID L while there; do you suppose they'll still be relatively easy to find in a couple months?

Thanks a lot for any assistance you can provide!
PME-mail
Lyrabell
Posted: Jan 13 2013, 04:33 PM

Child
Group Icon

Member No.: 26,286

There's a store called Tama Depa which sells all tamagotchi merch.
PME-mail
binary
Posted: Jan 13 2013, 11:30 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,317

TamaDepa in Tokyo is near Harajuku station. Harajuku station is on the Yamanote line, a couple of stops counter-clockwise from Shinjuku. There's a map of how to get from the station to TamaDepa here: http://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/tamadepa/ It'll be a small, cramped shop, full of little kids and their distressed parents. The music will quickly become annoying, and you'll still hear it in your mind for much longer than you thought possible. I highly recommend you go there on the first day you arrive... because within a few days you'll want to go there again.

Tamagotchi toys and merchandise should also be easy to find in major department stores such as Ito Yokado, Aeon, and toy stores such as Toys-R-Us. The larger of the Bic Camera shops also have a toy section where you should be able to find Tamagotchi toys etc.

You might be able to find older Tamagotchi toys and goods in Hobby Off. Hobby Off sells used toys & character goods, but they're usually not located close to subway / train stations.

If you're going to be in Japan (at the same address) for two weeks or more, and you have a Japanese friend who can help you, you may be able to find some good deals on auctions.yahoo.co.jp (Japanese equivalent to ebay.) Look for auctions ending with enough time afterwards that the item can be shipped to your hotel. You'll most likely need a local Japanese helper to assist you with making the payment. The most common forms of payment are cash transfer through a postal account, and cash transfer through a bank account.
PM
1upsuper
Posted: Jan 14 2013, 05:42 AM

Babytchi
Group Icon

Member No.: 26,386

Thank you very much, that is immensely helpful!
PME-mail
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

ReplyNew Topic

Recommended browser: Firefox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1332 seconds | Archive