Tama-Zone's New Direction

Tama Zone news is posted in here. Members can also post suggestions, obtain BB code help etc.
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 12:19

02 Jan 2008, 22:36 #61

flawlessjewel @ Jan 3 2008, 06:40 AM wrote: I have lost a Shop, And a story.
You still have time to finish your story before they're closed for good.

Ra,
Please be sure to read our Rules and Guidelines; ignorance is not an excuse!
YouTube Channel: RaTamaZone
IG Page: RaTamaZone
Like

Nyatchi_chan
Tama Zone Superstars
Nyatchi_chan
Tama Zone Superstars
Joined: 19 Aug 2006, 02:57

02 Jan 2008, 23:23 #62

I....I... Tamatalk just isn't the same!!*cries*If it's for the best... but...I loved Tamazone.  :( I hope it can come back someday....
Like

mimitchi*mametchi*angel
Tama Zone High ranks
mimitchi*mametchi*angel
Tama Zone High ranks
Joined: 18 Nov 2007, 14:36

02 Jan 2008, 23:31 #63

ferret @ Jan 2 2008, 02:15 PM wrote: i leaved this forum. you can see it in introductions & deperatures. please delete me from users list.i feel like you destructed our forum. i am very angry!
BYE BYE TAMAZONE FOREVER!!!!
Um... ferret... that was rather harsh, it sounded like you're blaming someone for this. Did you only join for the art and stuff? We're gonna miss you!
*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*
Like

Nyatchi_chan
Tama Zone Superstars
Nyatchi_chan
Tama Zone Superstars
Joined: 19 Aug 2006, 02:57

02 Jan 2008, 23:34 #64

Talking about tamagotchis is fine, you know, but sometimes you just need a break, and I find it fun to chill out and play in the misc. section once in a while.
My point is...

I came for the Tamagotchi, I stayed for the fun.
Like

-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 12:19

03 Jan 2008, 00:09 #65

Nyatchi_chan @ Jan 3 2008, 09:34 AM wrote: Talking about tamagotchis is fine, you know, but sometimes you just need a break, and I find it fun to chill out and play in the misc. section once in a while. 
My point is...

I came for the Tamagotchi, I stayed for the fun.
Then your motivation for having stayed was faulty. You should have stayed here for the tamagotchi information exchange, not art work and games. Also, we aren't going anywhere, so we can't "come back" if we aren't leaving.

Ra,
Please be sure to read our Rules and Guidelines; ignorance is not an excuse!
YouTube Channel: RaTamaZone
IG Page: RaTamaZone
Like

Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 02:16

03 Jan 2008, 00:32 #66

why are you gonna delete tamagotchi art it has to do with tamagotchi
Like

-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 12:19

03 Jan 2008, 02:46 #67

kutchipatchi 123 @ Jan 3 2008, 10:32 AM wrote: why are you gonna delete tamagotchi art it has to do with tamagotchi
We've gone over this question before, please look back to the previous pages and find out why.

Ra,
Please be sure to read our Rules and Guidelines; ignorance is not an excuse!
YouTube Channel: RaTamaZone
IG Page: RaTamaZone
Like

PockyGirl
Adult
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 03:58

03 Jan 2008, 03:57 #68

The only Section I might really miss is avatars and Signatures, but otherwise I'm fine with the changes. I love your Tamgotchi support section. I also love idea of more mature Tamagotchi Discussion to happen. There aren't really any sites for older Tamagotchi fans to go to. Most are filled with topics I can't even really relate to.

As for Tamatalk, I've been there for 3 years, its ok but I find it not helpful for Tamagotchi questions. Plus its way to crowded. Its hard to get a mature answer out of anyone at Tamatalk in there "What happened to my Tamagotchi Section" here, people give an answer that actually makes sense. I remember one time my tamagotchi was glitching and a TT member was telling me to praise it, not even reading what I typed.
I'll show up now and then.
Like

GK1
Tama Zone Immortals
GK1
Tama Zone Immortals
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 12:19

03 Jan 2008, 05:57 #69

PockyGirl @ Jan 3 2008, 11:57 AM wrote: The only Section I might really miss is avatars and Signatures, but otherwise I'm fine with the changes.
We have decided to close the majority of Fun Stuff because most areas were non-tamagotchi related like Games, and that decision will not change.
We have also decided to close Signatures and Avatars along with Tamagotchi Art because there was so much bickering/tale-telling/accusations of copying and immature behaviour amongst some of the (most likely younger, and in fact underage) members. We might possibly review the decision in the future regarding this if we are able to come up with a suitable alternative with a more mature focus.
We plan at this stage to continue with Official Tama Zone competitions as we have done previously, so hopefully ALL the fun hasn't been taken out. Obviously there are many other tamagotchi sites people can go on to get their fix of games and non-tamagotchi related things.
We are preferring to stick to Tamagotchi Support, Discussion, Logs and building up our Resources Forum. A lot of members, particularly the staff, have put in a huge amount of time building up these areas, and it is what makes us stand apart from many other sites. We are very proud of what we have achieved with these areas (even if some of our members find it "boring") and these are the areas we would prefer to spend our time concentrating on.

GK1
Like

Nyatchi_chan
Tama Zone Superstars
Nyatchi_chan
Tama Zone Superstars
Joined: 19 Aug 2006, 02:57

03 Jan 2008, 12:14 #70

Well GK1, I do have to say that this is THE best place for tamagotchi charts and finding help on the matter. I've slept on it, and I think I'll stay now, after all. I do have an angelgotchi and can help people out withtheir tamagotchi problems. :haha:
Like

Violetchi321
Tama Zone High ranks
Violetchi321
Tama Zone High ranks
Joined: 25 Sep 2007, 15:09

03 Jan 2008, 12:20 #71

The games and competitions and fun stuff were fun to play once in a while, but I am not mad.I'm definitely staying to help members and keep a log!!! Plus I've only been a member for 3 months 9 days so why would I leave? The forums are still great. :) :pop:
Like

Tamapal3000
Adult
Joined: 23 Jul 2007, 12:00

03 Jan 2008, 12:21 #72

GK1 @ Jan 2 2008, 11:57 PM wrote:
PockyGirl @ Jan 3 2008, 11:57 AM wrote: The only Section I might really miss is avatars and Signatures, but otherwise I'm fine with the changes.
We have decided to close the majority of Fun Stuff because most areas were non-tamagotchi related like Games, and that decision will not change.
We have also decided to close Signatures and Avatars along with Tamagotchi Art because there was so much bickering/tale-telling/accusations of copying and immature behaviour amongst some of the (most likely younger, and in fact underage) members. We might possibly review the decision in the future regarding this if we are able to come up with a suitable alternative with a more mature focus.
We plan at this stage to continue with Official Tama Zone competitions as we have done previously, so hopefully ALL the fun hasn't been taken out. Obviously there are many other tamagotchi sites people can go on to get their fix of games and non-tamagotchi related things.
We are preferring to stick to Tamagotchi Support, Discussion, Logs and building up our Resources Forum. A lot of members, particularly the staff, have put in a huge amount of time building up these areas, and it is what makes us stand apart from many other sites. We are very proud of what we have achieved with these areas (even if some of our members find it "boring") and these are the areas we would prefer to spend our time concentrating on.

GK1
That really is a good point GK1, but I have to say that every forum does need to have a community area where all the members can relax and get away from the forum genre everyone once in awhile. I really think that you should keep the Tamagotchi Arts, the Tamagotchi Stories and the Tama Farewells as a forum on Tama Zone. The reason why these is because it does have to relate to tamagotchi, not in support, but in fun. It gets a chance for other members on TZ to express their creative side on TZ. Tama Zone is forum Tamagotchis, but forums do need a relaxation area for members to get away from the forum genre, as I said above. That is my opinion on this.

//Tamapal3000


>>>[Tamacraze101]<<<
Running: Ant's Life Studio, Tamagotchi iD, Tamagotchi iD L
Like

spudilike
Tama Zone Immortals
spudilike
Tama Zone Immortals
Joined: 29 May 2006, 18:41

03 Jan 2008, 12:47 #73

The problem being TamaPal3000, is that Tama-Zone was becoming a split forum with two distinctly different member bases.

One group, which were the mature members who actively participated in the log sections and projects, and with support etc. And the other group who stayed out of those forums and who posted solely in the fun sections.

The more 'mature' members weren't letting their hair down and relaxing in those sections, as they were too like a kindergarten.

The problem also was, that the vast majority of staff time was being taken up with issues relating to the 'fun' section. What the staff really want to do is concentrate on building up tamagotchi information topics- and running our Tamagotchi logs.We can't do that if all we are doing is sorting out squabbles.

Most of the time we would have reports of members being underage- members who had made multiple accounts to bump up their own topics, members stealing others artwork. And members with so many different usernames, that when they were accused of taking artwork, or story ideas, they just turned round and said 'Duh, that was me too'.

We categorically state that members must be over 13, but it's obvious that there are members who think that doesn't apply to them, and carry on with an attitude like they are poking fun at the admins of this forum because they got away with it.

It seems to me that those members are the ones that are now making all the fuss. We need to think about the members that came here for tamagotchi information- and not playing games.

We know there were a few members who did follow the rules, and didn't cause us any problems, and as GK1 said, we are trying to find a way to address that situation. But we need to work through some ideas.

It's all very well these members saying they are leaving because other forums are more 'fun'- but those forums never bother with finding their 'information' for themselves- they just wait until we have it here, and then copy or steal it.

I'm sure that nobody would like it if we closed Tama-Zone down completely, along with all its resources. All the other forums, would have nowhere to steal from :P

If you want to 'get away and relax' - go to a games site- I do!
Like

Violetchi321
Tama Zone High ranks
Violetchi321
Tama Zone High ranks
Joined: 25 Sep 2007, 15:09

03 Jan 2008, 13:10 #74

I suppose this site is Tama-zone, but shouldn't you have Tama-related games? Because that is a fun take-a-break part of this site and if you have no fun with tama's, that's when you lose interest of them.

Sorry if I sound like I'm complaining, because I'm not, I'm just pointing out something. :(
Like

Ichigo_Nyaa
Tama Zone Greats
Ichigo_Nyaa
Tama Zone Greats
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 16:44

03 Jan 2008, 14:41 #75

Violetchi does have a point here. Even though this is a board for Tama support and stuff,it should have some fun things. I mean if this is going to be a strict support zone,then it wouldn't be the same Tama-Zone we knew a year ago. Sorry if I sound like I'm complaining. =p
[color=63b8ff]Like anime? Like quizzes? Click here![/color]
Like