Tamagotchi 4U App in English

Participate in Tamagotchi-related projects in this forum. Projects can be for any version of Tamagotchi.
Please read the pinned topic regarding project rules.

Tamagotchi 4U App in English

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

Dec 23 2014, 03:51 PM #1

Yes! it's here! :D

Some of you may already have heard about it. But some weeks ago I started working on modifying the Japanese app into English after I found out I actually could without having much java or android programming knowledge. Once I was into the translation project I even started making additional changes to make the app more user friendly and responsive. Not long after I started Myiko joined the team by doing the new artwork and Wa was helpfull as always in translation some additional texts. And here we are! We have a nice English app that I'm sure of will make the 4U more enjoyable for all of us in the world.

What's changed?
  • The App is in English! all relevant text and graphics are translated into English.
  • Upon starting the app goes directly to the free main menu.
  • There is no access to in-app purchases or paid content.
  • No need to register and/or setup a bandainamco account.
  • No need to register your 4U!
  • More downloads available by connecting to a custom server by yours truly.
  • Special menu, with special downloads.
  • Runs side by side with the original app.
  • Runs on rooted devices.
Where can I get it ?
HERE!

How do I use it ?
  • Make sure you check the option to allow installations from unknown sources (you can uncheck that option after install) and install the app
  • Make sure NFC and Android beam options are enabled.
  • select a item from the app and follow it's on screen instructions
Does the app support more phones then japanese app?
No, there's nothing I can do about it.

List of NFC compatible devices:
  • Nexus 7 2013 version Android 4.3 up to 5.0.1 any region
  • Nexus 6 Android 5.0.1 United States
  • Nexus 5 Android 5.0.1 Australia
  • Nexus 4 Android 4.4.4 - 5.0.1 Europe
  • Sony Xperia Z Ultra SOL24 Android 4.2.2 Japan
  • Sony Xperia Z1 SOL23 Android 4.4.2 Japan
  • HTC_B810x Android 4.4.4 Asia
  • HTC_D816x Android 4.4.2 Asia
  • HTC One E8 Android Android 4.4.2 Singapore
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A Android 4.4.2 United States
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R7 Android 4.4.2 United States
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T Android 4.4.2 United States
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 Android 4.4.2 Canada
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A Android 4.4.4 United States
(If you got a tablet/phone that can successfully send downloads to a 4U then please let me know the Make, Model number,Region and Android version so I can add it to list)

Credits:
  • Mr.Blinky - App modifications and translations.
  • Myiko - All English artwork and this threads cute banners
  • Wa - additional translations
Mr.Blinky
Twitter | You Tube | Instagram

TaMametchi
Adult

Dec 23 2014, 04:21 PM #2

Thanks Mr. Blinky. That's awesome! I'll be sure to give it a try on Xmas day when I get my 4U. Considering my Nexus 7 runs Lollipop, I'll let everyone kmow if it runs on Lollipop!

Dec 23 2014, 04:31 PM #3

WOW!! I did not expect it so soon. This is going on my Nexus right NOW. I can't wait to use the 9999G game. I've been having the hardest time making money, lol.

Thank you SO much Mr.Blinky (and fellow contributors) YOU ARE THE BOMB!!! I hope Santa drops an entire bag of awesome gifts down your chimney :-D

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

Dec 23 2014, 04:42 PM #4

Tinkerville @ Dec 23 2014, 06:31 PM wrote: WOW!! I did not expect it so soon. This is going on my Nexus right NOW. I can't wait to use the 9999G game. I've been having the hardest time making money, lol.

Thank you SO much Mr.Blinky (and fellow contributors) YOU ARE THE BOMB!!! I hope Santa drops an entire bag of awesome gifts down your chimney :-D

Thanks!

Yes I forgot to mention that the NEW menu has changed into a SPECIAL menu that has some special downloads.

Those of you who had a recent look at the Japanese app will also notice that there are some 12 additional seasonal downloads in the living menu.

I'd be happy enough if the mailman would bring me my anniversary 4U before Xmas :)
Mr.Blinky

*Hayden*
Child

Dec 23 2014, 08:06 PM #5

OMG this is great :D I love the wallpapers :love: I was wondering if you could add a Santa hat or clothes please? :3

Oh yeah and it works with the Nexus 5 too

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

Dec 23 2014, 08:15 PM #6

*Hayden* @ Dec 23 2014, 10:06 PM wrote: OMG this is great :D I love the wallpapers  :love:  I was wondering if you could add a Santa hat or clothes please? :3

Oh yeah and it works with the Nexus 5 too
I will look into those santa items.

Good to hear it works on a nexus 5 too. Can you give more info like Region model number android version?

Edit:
Added a santa costume and a blue and red santa hat :D
Mr.Blinky

tamagotchi_freak_06
Tama Zone Legends
tamagotchi_freak_06
Tama Zone Legends

Dec 24 2014, 12:30 AM #7

YOU ARE THE BEST. THANK YOU SOO MUCH :jump:

Green_Papaya
Tama Zone Greats
Green_Papaya
Tama Zone Greats

Dec 24 2014, 04:51 AM #8

Works great on Lollipop on my Nexus 7! Thanks so much!!! :D
Green_Papaya's Tamagotchi Log

Currently Running: TMGC+C, iD L 15th Anniv., 4U

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

Dec 24 2014, 12:08 PM #9

*Hayden* @ Dec 23 2014, 10:06 PM wrote: Oh yeah and it works with the Nexus 5 too
Just to be clear do you mean you can succcesfully send downloads to your 4U on a Nexus 5 ?

Can you confirm this together with Android version and which region the phone is so I can add it to the list ?

thx
Mr.Blinky

Takura
Adult

Dec 24 2014, 06:19 PM #10

I'm on the fence about this but good work regardless! You might be contacted by one of the Bandai employees regarding this app. Feel free to contact me if you need translation done/help dealing with them.

That aside, I'm wondering if/when we can upload our own stuff? As you know I'm addicted to creating wallpapers for the color tamas and have a bunch available already. :P

purpurn
Child

Dec 24 2014, 10:19 PM #11

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know it doesn't work on the older nexus 7 even though I have android 4.4 updated to it. :/ must have something to do with the newer tablets that the old one doesn't want to work exactly - the NFC is on and if I just touch my 4U to the NFC spot without any option on the tama selected I get a like special event that happens, but no gifts/items (followed the app instructions, but it doesn't register that the 4U is there unfortunately.) Cool work on the translation though!:3
I like to collect tamas and other small toys from Japan. I'm probably just a Japanophile.... :D

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

Dec 24 2014, 10:56 PM #12

Takura @ Dec 24 2014, 08:19 PM wrote:I'm on the fence about this but good work regardless! You might be contacted by one of the Bandai employees regarding this app. Feel free to contact me if you need translation done/help dealing with them.

That aside,  I'm wondering if/when we can upload our own stuff? As you know I'm addicted to creating wallpapers for the color tamas and have a bunch available already. :P
Let's hope it's only positive. Let's be Digital Friends of THE WORLD and enjoy Tamagotchi's wherever we are.

Regarding your wish for custom items. I'm not completely sure how I wan't to add that to the menu yet. Been thinking of using the anime menu for that as it's basically just a filter for the items available in the main menu or maybe squeeze in another menu button. I'm not planning to do it right now as I've got some other projects to attend too. But any thoughts are welcome.
Mr.Blinky

Takura
Adult

Dec 24 2014, 11:16 PM #13

Aw, that's a shame. Well then, I'll wait.

In the mean time will you be uploading some more/old iD L/P's wallpapers on the app? Some iD/iD L/P's games would be nice too, if it isn't too much to ask (and is possible)? :3

Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks
Mr.Blinky
Tama Zone High ranks

Dec 25 2014, 01:47 AM #14

Takura @ Dec 25 2014, 01:16 AM wrote: Aw, that's a shame. Well then, I'll wait.

In the mean time will you be uploading some more/old iD L/P's wallpapers on the app? Some iD/iD L/P's games would be nice too, if it isn't too much to ask (and is possible)? :3
Any specific item/living you have in mind? and I'll see what I can do.

Can't convert games yet as I would need to map system calls that are still unknown.
as soon as have figured that out I'll probably convert all the games like I did for the P's. Maybe even try convert 4U Games to the Ps :)
But I will focus on other projects first.
Mr.Blinky

Dec 25 2014, 07:44 AM #15

Takura @ Dec 24 2014, 02:19 PM wrote:That aside,  I'm wondering if/when we can upload our own stuff? As you know I'm addicted to creating wallpapers for the color tamas and have a bunch available already. :P
Oooh, I love the idea of being able to get custom-made wallpapers via the app! Some of my favorite iD & iDL wallpapers were homemade ones.