Tamagotchi Connection "V5.5" / V5 Celebrity

Bandai press releases, and other reputable mention of Tamagotchi products.

Tamagotchi Connection "V5.5" / V5 Celebrity

Tama-Palace
Adult

Feb 16 2008, 02:22 AM #1

When Bandai announced the Tamagotchi V5 we were told that there would be a "refresh" debuting in July. Many people speculated whether it would be just new shell designs, or an actual .5 release. It is now official that there will be a Tamagotchi V5.5, in Bandai's latest press release for the 2008 American International Toy Fair (in NYC) they gave enough information! Heres what was mentioned in the article: "In Fall 2008, how kids care for their Tamagotchi family determines whether the clan will grow up as a celebrity, athlete, model, paparazzi or even a royal family." So it appears that the V5.5 will be adding new families, but were unsure whether it will debut in July or fall of 2008?

EDIT: JULY UPDATE: Bandai has recently released the V5 Celebrity Tamagotchi in the US, which is the English equivalent of the Royal Famitama (but not exactly the same). Please note - this tamagotchi has not been released as the V5.5, but as the V5 Celebrity.
Tama-Palace

Serving the Tamagotchi community since 2006, Tama-Palace is a fun and resourceful Tamagotchi fansite with the latest and greatest news the moment it happens!

Acidiica
Tama Zone Greats
Acidiica
Tama Zone Greats

Feb 16 2008, 02:36 AM #2

I don't know how much I like the sound of this... I hope the point system isn't coming back, although it sounds like the job one is.

Hidatchi
Tama Zone High ranks
Hidatchi
Tama Zone High ranks

Feb 16 2008, 02:59 AM #3

Could you give us a link so we know where you found it? It says that your family might become
a royal family... does that mean that they'll make a tama queen? I also wonder what the antenna
thing will look like-the same, or maybe an octagon roof?(yes-that's one of the first things I think about
when a new tamagotchi has been announced.) Perhaps the japanese counterpart will be an ura-familitchi?

Osumesu21
Tama Zone Superstars
Osumesu21
Tama Zone Superstars

Feb 16 2008, 03:13 AM #4

I just spotted that in this Bandai press release.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site ... ewsLang=en

It says, down in the "About Tamagotchi" section:
In Fall 2008, how kids care for their Tamagotchi family determines whether the clan will grow up as a celebrity, athlete, model, paparazzi or even a royal family.
If it IS a V5.5, I'm glad they state that we won't be seeing it until the Fall. :lol:

~OM21
:love:
New updates!

Pozhar
Tama Zone Superstars
Pozhar
Tama Zone Superstars

Feb 16 2008, 03:31 AM #5

I wouldn't mind a summer release, but my birthday's in July. :haha:

As long as they don't bring the mail system back, I'll be okay. My recent run with a 4.5 is reminding me just how much I hated that...

Tamadude787
Tama Zone High ranks
Tamadude787
Tama Zone High ranks

Feb 16 2008, 03:49 AM #6

I seriously hope that BanDai dosen't bring the mail feture back becasue it's so annoying. However, it does sound quite interesting to have them grow up as "atheletes" and others! :haha:

Please join Tama~Globe forum. We are a site that supports NO SPAM and rule-breaking. We have great forums, great and friendly members, and a frequently updated site. Join today! Even has an Advertizing area!

Tama-Palace
Adult

Feb 16 2008, 04:04 AM #7

I'm guessing there will be no point system as the V5 doesn't continue the tradition, it should be debuting in July as the first press release said. Fall of 2008 seems so far away, the V5 would get boring without a doubt by then!
Tama-Palace

Serving the Tamagotchi community since 2006, Tama-Palace is a fun and resourceful Tamagotchi fansite with the latest and greatest news the moment it happens!

-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals
-Ra-
Tama Zone Immortals

Feb 16 2008, 07:20 AM #8

. Hidatchi . @ Feb 16 2008, 12:59 PM wrote: It says that your family might become
a royal family... does that mean that they'll make a tama queen?
There already "is" a tama queen, even a tama princess, the royal family wouldn't have to be invented, as it exists already. I hope they don't bring the job feature back, I like this return to the simple, more "pet" like state the V5 has taken. I was getting a little tired and worn out with the whole school, jobs and mail system.

Edit: Ah, there we go, I found the picture of the royal family:

Ra,
Please be sure to read our Rules and Guidelines; ignorance is not an excuse!
YouTube Channel: RaTamaZone
IG Page: RaTamaZone

spudilike
Tama Zone Immortals
spudilike
Tama Zone Immortals

Feb 16 2008, 09:27 AM #9

Princess Tamako, Prince Tamahiko (not pictured) Gotchi Queen & Gotchi King- are the names on the Tamagotchi corner shop games.

Thanks for posting "Tama-Palace", but can you try and make your 'announcements' a little less like YOU are the source of the information, and more like the post OM21 has made, which states exactly where the information has come from.

As at the moment your post seems to be pointing members to an advertisement in your signature/avatar for your forum :P

As has been with every other topic you have ever made on here.

mishelle
Tama Zone Superstars
mishelle
Tama Zone Superstars

Feb 16 2008, 09:49 AM #10

This makes me a little bit sad because i wanted to buy a v5 and now i need to buy a v5.5.

its strange, but does it worth buying the v5.5?

Feb 16 2008, 12:47 PM #11

Man its the same with the V4, finaly get theres another one! I got my V4.5 in August. Thats when I expect To Get the V5.5. :luck:
Click Here To Help Revive a Great but dying site!

Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries
Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries

Feb 16 2008, 01:05 PM #12

Tama-Palace @ Feb 16 2008, 04:04 AM wrote: the V5 would get boring without a doubt by then!
You think so? You must have a really short attention span, I still use lots of the earlier Tamagotchi I played with as a child and they are over 10 years old but I don't find them boring.

Acidiica
Tama Zone Greats
Acidiica
Tama Zone Greats

Feb 16 2008, 03:30 PM #13

I'm excited for it, but I'm not hoping for any flashing Mail icons that I'll just ignore like I always do now out of habit.

Are there any pixel version of the royal family, -Ra- or spudi? I've never played corner shop and I don't really know what that is =p

:heart: Anna

Osumesu21
Tama Zone Superstars
Osumesu21
Tama Zone Superstars

Feb 16 2008, 03:45 PM #14

Where is everybody getting the idea that they're bringing back the Mail feature? o.O

Anyway, I'm thinking it'll be the V5, but with new items and games, and different characters. Considering that the Japanese releases usually have a screen with a special coloring, I wonder if the V5.5 will have that as well.

~OM21
New updates!

Nyatchi_chan
Tama Zone Superstars
Nyatchi_chan
Tama Zone Superstars

Feb 16 2008, 04:50 PM #15

Osumesu21 @ Feb 17 2008, 01:45 AM wrote: Where is everybody getting the idea that they're bringing back the Mail feature? o.O

Anyway, I'm thinking it'll be the V5, but with new items and games, and different characters. Considering that the Japanese releases usually have a screen with a special coloring, I wonder if the V5.5 will have that as well.

~OM21
Let's just hope it's not green, we've gotta save that for Clover! ^^

Anyway, I'll probably buy 1 or 2. It depends if the characters are good or not.