What is this Tamagotchi?

Need help with your Tamagotchi? Post your questions in here if you can't find the answer in our Tama Resources forum.

What is this Tamagotchi?

Tamalove66
Tama Zone High ranks
Tamalove66
Tama Zone High ranks

Aug 19 2008, 08:15 PM #1

What is this Tamagotchi?

It looks like the v6
I found it on Photobucket looking threw Binarys other picture and I found that Tamagotchi. What version is it?

Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries
Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries

Aug 19 2008, 08:22 PM #2

Ok, seeing as how you found it by searching yourself, I suppose it's OK to tell you. It comes from a BanDai catalogue that was photographed and hosted on a Japanese blog site, Tarokaja found out about it and showed Binary, who showed the staff here, we weren't sure if we were allowed to post about it or not, so we didn't just incase.

It appears very much to be the new Tamagotchi BanDai is working on. I know Narazeetak claims the next model is called "The Music Star" but I have always doubted that the "Music Star" will be anything other than a spin-off ever since I saw this picture.

Sunita
Teen

Aug 19 2008, 08:56 PM #3

Is there any other information available at this time? I am quite curious about it. :kura:
The shortest distance between two people is a smile!

Tama Fan!!!
Tama Zone Superstars
Tama Fan!!!
Tama Zone Superstars

Aug 19 2008, 09:01 PM #4

Interesting. It reminds me of a pixel-chic with the stairs in the backround. I am glad Bandai has added colour pixels. I hope this is a real version.

Sunita, i don't think any one knows that much about that tamagotchi, except Bandai themselfs. I don't think the picture is of the movie star tamagotchi. I think it is the version 6. :jump:

Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries
Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries

Aug 19 2008, 09:06 PM #5

From what I know of the "Music Star" Narazeetak mentioned is that it's package is shaped like a guitar (or something like that) and it plays like guitar hero and this doesn't look like it's anything like guitar hero, which is why I have always thought the "Music Star" is nothing more than a Spin-off toy since seeing this photo a while back, this looks much more like a new Tamagotchi version, going back to the roots of a simple one-pet toy, but with colour pixels. Unfortunately all we have on this Tamagotchi is this photo itself, I guess we'll know more when BanDai are ready to release more info on it on the Japanese Tamagotchi website.

Sunita
Teen

Aug 20 2008, 12:42 AM #6

Tama Fan!!! @ Aug 19 2008, 05:01 PM wrote: Interesting. It reminds me of a pixel-chic with the stairs in the backround. I am glad Bandai has added colour pixels. I hope this is a real version.

Sunita, i don't think any one knows that much about that tamagotchi, except Bandai themselfs. I don't think the picture is of the movie star tamagotchi. I think it is the version 6.  :jump:
Oh no, I wasn’t referring to the Music Star! Sorry about the confusion; I was in a hurry when I posted. I agree with your theory. :D

I assumed this was a new version and separate from Narazeetak’s findings. I imagined since the blogger posted an image, they gave some information about its features, or other snippets from the catalog.

After reading Real_Three’s post, I guess there is nothing accessible at present. Bandai is being quite secretive. :goza:
The shortest distance between two people is a smile!

!Gotchi-Gotchi!
Tama Zone Superstars
!Gotchi-Gotchi!
Tama Zone Superstars

Aug 21 2008, 07:11 AM #7

Wow! That looks amazing! Can't wait. Maybe when this is released my parents might change their mind about letting me buy Tamas on eBay.
Pity that, with the information we have, we don't know for SURE whether we get the coloured screen, and we don't know how much of a "Music Star" concept it has.

Anyway, this is :topic: but I can't access the "misc" section of binary's album. Why?

cyann
Tama Zone Immortals
cyann
Tama Zone Immortals

Aug 21 2008, 02:41 PM #8

It's password-protected.
[ My FooPets | My Moshi | My Log | My Neopets ]

Iggyerin
Babytchi
Iggyerin
Babytchi

Aug 21 2008, 03:08 PM #9

I hope the next Tamagotchi is in color. I think the color would add to the fun of the game. :topic: Where can I find information on individual character? For instance info on there personalitys.

!Gotchi-Gotchi!
Tama Zone Superstars
!Gotchi-Gotchi!
Tama Zone Superstars

Aug 22 2008, 10:00 AM #10

@Tamalove66: If Binary's misc album is password protected, which is the album that photo was in, how did you access it?
Anyway, on a more "on-topic" note...
@Iggyerin: The next tamagotchi will be in colour only in Japan, from what we know. I agree, it would add to the fun. Also, we don't know anything more than what the picture told us in this topic, and what Narazeetak told us here, so we have no idea what the characters are.
If you want other information, browse through our forums, such as the Resources section, and you'll find some info there.

atashi
Tama Zone Superstars
atashi
Tama Zone Superstars

Aug 22 2008, 10:21 AM #11

Wow I hope the picture proves true and that we're now entering a new era for electronic pets. :)

I'll miss the pixelated screens...something about them...

[ Log | Website | Artwork ]

Thank you mayachan for the chibitama!!

DDDTrooper
Tama Zone Superstars
DDDTrooper
Tama Zone Superstars

Aug 22 2008, 12:39 PM #12

Wow. I hope that's what the final version looks like! Having a color screen with better graphics would make Tamagotchis even more fun. Look at how the little room is decorated with a computer and bookcase; so cute! I also love how the shell looks a little smoother and sleeker.

It's nice to see BanDai wanting to go back to basics, but in an updated, more advanced way. :)

Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries
Real_Three
Tama Zone Luminaries

Aug 24 2008, 02:42 PM #13

There was a rumour that was posted in here which led to confusion and caused trouble, it has been removed. I would ask that no-one post any rumours they have heard please, feel free to speculate by all means, but no rumours please.

Tama-Palace
Adult

Sep 3 2008, 03:46 AM #14

I wish we could see an image of the whole catalog!
Tama-Palace

Serving the Tamagotchi community since 2006, Tama-Palace is a fun and resourceful Tamagotchi fansite with the latest and greatest news the moment it happens!

Sep 3 2008, 07:47 PM #15

I can't wait to get one! :O:
Click Here To Help Revive a Great but dying site!